Her hands move without voice; NYU Supp/ What intrigues you?

komalshaheen19 6 / 11 1  
What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you.

I mostly understand what she is trying to say even though I see her hands move but don't hear her voice. The precise movement of her hands says more than what words can. Sign language is what intrigues me. My aunt who has a deficiency in hearing and speaking uses sign language to communicate with me. She has shown me a clear image of what it feels like to be in her place. It is a completely different method of communication that not everyone is able to understand. She has taught me some alphabets, months, and days of the week. She even has a specific way of saying my name. Sign language holds more significance to me than any other spoken language does. It has the most beautiful way of explaining emotions. As years have passed by, I understand my aunt more and more. I come back with a new thing every time I go to visit her. I wish to learn this method of communication completely so that I can have a clear conversation with my aunt. Sign language will always remain significant to me as it is the most precious thing I ever came across.
mjaayp 3 / 4  
sign language is what intrigues me
Sign language is a method of communication that intrigues me. My aunt? maybe include a name?
tonton2college 3 / 7 1  
It sounds really sincere, which is what makes it touching. Personally, I really like it!

Home / Undergraduate / Her hands move without voice; NYU Supp/ What intrigues you?