'hard work is rewarded' - common app short answer, cross country.

fastracker91 1 / 4  
It has definitely become the activity to which I have given the most amount of dedication, because I have truly become passionate about the sport. I plan on continuing running after high school, because it has become a large part of my life. My teammates and I share a bond that is exceptionally unique. Only my teammates understand the dedication it takes to consistently work hard out on the trails during season, in order to reach our goals. As teammates, we push each other along during workouts and respect each other for our work ethic. I truly appreciate that in cross country perseverance and consistency are rewarded over time. My experiences throughout my cross country career have taught me that hard work is rewarded and team is always more important over individual.

Please let me know what you think...any criticism is welcome!
You start a bit abruptly. I would add something of an introduction, maybe expressing how you got into cross country, or something along those lines. You might also want to mention how long you have been doing cross country. Try to set the stage, in general, for the details you currently present.
OP fastracker91 1 / 4  
Opps, i cut out the first sentence...sorry about that!

My most meaningful commitment over the past four years would be cross country. It has definitely become the activity to which I have given the most amount of dedication because of the passion that I have developed. I plan on continuing running after high school, because it has become a large part of my life. My teammates and I share a bond that is exceptionally unique. Only my teammates understand the dedication it takes to consistently work hard out on the trails day after day in season, in order to reach our goals. As teammates, we push each other along during workouts and have respect for each other based upon work ethic. I truly appreciate that in cross country perseverance and consistency are rewarded over time. My experiences throughout my cross country career have taught me that hard work is rewarded and team is always more important over individual.

thank you!! is there anything else that i should add or edit?
OP fastracker91 1 / 4  
I want to find a way to be less awkward in my opening sentences...I feel like the rest is okayy...but if there is anything else that can still be improved, please don't hesitate to let me know!! Thank you...

Throughout my past four years of high school, I have sincerely dedicated myself to my cross country team. It has definitely become the activity to which I have developed the greatest amount of passion, and devoted the most time. Only my teammates understand the commitment it takes to consistently work hard out on the trails day after day in order to reach our goals. As teammates, we push each other along during each workout and have respect for each other because of our aspiration. I truly appreciate that in cross country, perseverance and consistency are rewarded over time. My experiences throughout my cross country career have taught me that hard work is rewarded and team is always more important than individual.
My most meaningful commitment over the past four years has been running on the cross country team .

Write about how running is like a meditation. Write about how you learned to shift into an enhanced state of mind and focus on a goal!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'hard work is rewarded' - common app short answer, cross country.