having my summer research presented in China-UC Prompt 2

bayshark 2 / 2  
This is a very rough draft and I'd appreciate any suggestions for improvement or any feedback whatsoever. Thanks!

Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud, and how does it relate to the person you are?

This past summer I researched in a lab at the Oklahoma State Center for Health Sciences. It was undoubtedly the most rewarding and beneficial experience I've had the opportunity of participating in. Through this opportunity I developed a deep respect and adoration for research. Being amongst peers that were just as passionate, if not more so, about science and learning was especially encouraging and helped create the nourishing environment that was the lab. My project was so successful in the eyes of my lab mentor that she decided to present some of our findings at a conference in China! Ironically, when I first found out about the internship I was discouraged from applying by some professors and peers of mine; they felt that there was no point in applying, often reasoning that because of my lack of experience I would never be accepted. I knew most of them did not have cruel intentions, but I felt that there was no way I wasn't going to apply; this was the chance I was looking for. Receiving that e-mail notifying me of my acceptance into the program felt like all of the doubts, stress and frustration surrounding my academic potential had been lifted off of my shoulders. I was especially proud knowing that staying disciplined and working hard had given me a position in the lab, and allowed me to be successful in that setting as well. This experience instilled in me a sense of confidence, giving me further incentive to pursue a career in both research and medicine.
icekiss90 3 / 4  
It was undoubtedly the most rewarding and beneficial experience I've had the opportunity of participating in.Through this opportunitywhereafter I developed a deep respect and adoration for research.

Especially I was especially proud of knowing that staying disciplined and working hard, had given me a position in the lab

Think about making your essay longer. You can talk about your personal change and your growing as a person

Home / Undergraduate / having my summer research presented in China-UC Prompt 2