I can still hear the applause; Leadership in MUN [200]

ellisdee 2 / 4  
Describe your most significant leadership experience. Why do you consider this your most significant role? (maximum 200 words)

I can still hear the applause; I can still smell the raw excitement that the moment offered.
Being chosen as the main submitter for THIMUN, lobbying was crucial; ideas were thrown out into the field. However, despite a flurry of activities, hours passed with no substantial results. After careful analysis of the situation, I realized that the team lacked confidence not in the resolution --- but themselves.

Having identified the problem, my priorities shifted. Instead of focusing on the resolution, I encouraged mingling which helped identify individual skills. Carefully allotting duties let individual strengths play their roles. The few moments taken to understand each team member proved significant in the final vote: 72 for, 0 against, 18 abstaining. The resolution had passed.

Playing a leader in the resolution was meaningful, not only because it provided a platform for me to exhibit my leadership capabilities, but it helped me identify my weaknesses.

Focusing on the task means nothing if the team cannot play on their strengths; the work is not everything. Tackling a goal on your own is near impossible; detail and minor aspects are crucial.

Given an inch I'll fight for the mile --- with my team behind me.

Word Count: 199

Messy thoughts againnnn

------- Impressive :D

--- but themselves.

--------- but in them

Having identified the problem, I brought changes to my priorities shifted .

------------ this is about your leadership skills. So keep yourself in the focus.... Tell them the role you played : )

The resolution hadwas passed.

but it helped me identify my weaknesses.

----------- well.... weakness is an alarming word :D. Also you don't tell what are your weaknesses to them and keep them on hold :D ... Why not say this differently?

but helped me identify the areas I need to improve too.

the work is not everything.

------------ I find this part also is not adding much value to your answer. In fact it breaks the smooth flow of your essay. : )

Home / Undergraduate / I can still hear the applause; Leadership in MUN [200]