"I heard about anthropology" - Cornell supplement essay

zilunaju 4 / 10  
Describe your intellectual interests, their evolution, and what makes them exciting to you. Tell us how you will utilize the academic programs in the College of Arts and Sciences to further explore your interests, intended major, or field of study.

I heard about anthropology for the first time from a TV Show named Bones and I found it very encompassing. I have always been the kind of person who's interested in almost everything: mathematics, physics, politics, teaching, law, biology, history and I always wanted to do something challenging that I feel comfortable doing.

I have heard some people say they go to work because they have to and not because they want to and they do the job they do not like for ten years or more. I don't want to be one of those people. I want to love my work and I want it to be interesting; I want something new to happen everyday. And that is exactly what I saw in anthropology; diversity rather than repetitive. I find this academic field an option to gain as much knowledge, because I enjoy learning and expanding my horizon along with my appreciation for life.

Anthropology does not exist in Albania. I had to surf on the internet to learn more about anthropology. Nevertheless, I have to say it was a great experience. Not being able to learn about anthropology in my own country because of the lack of it, I decided I wanted to be the first person to create students opportunity to learn anthropology in their own country.

Cornell's College of Arts and Sciences supports students by utilizing resources in helping them understand life in a comprehensive way, provides close interaction between professors and students by allowing students to achieve and consume everything the professors have to offer, provides enjoyment and experiences outside of class that will allow me to reach my full potential and will continue to give me an opportunity to enjoy intercultural encounters, by exchanging ideas and dialogue.
Mick 3 / 14  
And that is exactly what I saw in anthropology; diversity rather than repetitiveness

I find this academic field an option to gain as much knowledge, wouldn't the word opportunity go better then option?

Good stuff though, and you share similar sentiments to me. In fact, I'm also applying to Cornell College of Arts and Sciences. Can you read my essay (linked below) ??

Home / Undergraduate / "I heard about anthropology" - Cornell supplement essay