"A heart without knowledge.." - what matters most to you?

peiman 2 / 5  
"A heart without knowledge is like a ruined house, says Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)."
"I wish to resort to a country where there is no sign of Islam at all. Islam is the major barrier for the scientific, artistic, social and political progress. Islam means retardation and slavery." These sentences were my opinions about Islam before entering conservatory. Islam was the major factor opposing me in choosing music as a field of study, so this caused me to hate Islam more than before in an Islamic society.

I can't remember anybody approving of my decision to study music at high school. At the beginning of the educational year 2006-2007, I had chosen music with full diligence, and my family accepted reluctantly creating some impediments. The decision was like a victory as a result of my resistance.

This choice and the victory that I followed motivated me to study music curiously. For this reason, upon entering the conservatory, I caught the conservatory teachers and authorities' attention. Among them, the deputy was the person who caught my attention more than the others and who has had profound effect on me changing my life direction dramatically. Little by little, I became acquainted with his personality, and he was, for me, the first Muslim who had a different and creative view, and who managed to save my lost identity as an Iranian Muslim. Gradually, my hatred towards Islam turned to curiosity and interest.

The most effective experience of my life was shaped in my family relationships. I started these relationships with full refusal and denial, and I managed to achieve acceptability and agreeability in and among my family by changing my thoughts and deeds and this reached a point where I was asked for consultation going through more assiduity in order to create a hearty and rejoicing atmosphere at home. Now, I remember the moment when I opposed all to choose music, but now I have reached a place where my parents consult with me about everyday affairs, and my opinion is important for all. This is my second victory; and I have learnt that people can change.

My interest in music, impression from the deputy of the conservatory, and my impression on my family form the most important aim of my life, and I believe the best way to attain this goal is through immigrating to the West for Islamic Studies and learning about it from a world-known prominent Islamic philosopher educated in the West, Seyed Hossein Nasr (Professor of Islamic studies at George Washington University). When I evaluate my personality, I realize that a great revolution has taken place within me and that it is due to my acquaintance with influential and idealistic people who help and will help me to create an impression on the world in the future. At present, I want to devote all my life to this important topic and build my heart a house as wide as the world for knowledge.

Hi everybody. I need ur opinions about my admission essay plz. how is it?. It must be less than 500 words and it is 493 words now. Thanks in advance.
Dhillon 1 / 2  

OP peiman 2 / 5  
tnx Ramandeep. the only problem about my essay is the first line which starts with a quotation. i double-space it. this is what i got from ur post. thanks again.
OP peiman 2 / 5  
Nobody HELPS!

Home / Undergraduate / "A heart without knowledge.." - what matters most to you?