Need your help to edit and comment for my Endeavour Postgraduate Award- Australia

siworo 1 / -  
There are two questions that I should respond, Would you please guys help me to edit my writing. thanks a lot

1. Please provide details of your proposed study, research or professional development, including the personal and professional benefits you expect to gain from your Endeavour Award. [this is the question)

I have been working in education field since 2000. I was started my carrier as a teacher and currently I am working in ProVisi Education, as a Program Manager . Our organization involved in Education Development Programs around Indonesia especially in remote areas. As a program manager, I had opportunity to know deepen the Indonesian education development issues. The bulk challenges of Indonesian education development from teachers skills to national education philosophy are something that always trigger me to give contributions from what I have.

Since 2007, I had opportunity to visit schools and dialogue with many education stakeholders from head of education office, regional education supervisor, principals, teachers, parents and communities and students. It was such tremendous experiences that I can share and explore education issues from many points of view. The lack of supervision and monitoring from Education Office ( Dinas Pendidikan) across region level, the minimum professional development for teacher and principal, the budget and free education issues, final examination are some challenges that Indonesian struggling over the years. In my point of view there is also a gap between what education purposes (what school delivered) and community needs.

When I was leading a school observation for one public high school in Sukabumi Areas- West Java Province in 2009, I found the fact that the school delivered all the programs smoothly but still neglected the resources the school have and parents opinions for their children. We tried to fill the gap, together with school, by exploring what resources that school has for learning and gathered parents opinions about what they want for their children include the students opinions about what they want to be after graduated. Inspire school stakeholders to create meaningful learning process is always be my motives wherever I created education programs.

There are many more challenges in Indonesia Education Development that need to be solved not only by the government but also community. Hope by taking carrier path in Education, I can give small contribution to create better Indonesia.

In the future, I will continue my carrier in education development. Organize a respectful school for chidren around my neighborhood is always inspiring me for what I am doing in education field now and the future.

So refer to my reason above, I am giving a try to myself to be part of endeavour program to take master in Education. Not only to expand and enrich my knowledge in development but also I will have opportunity to share and learn from other countries about education development. I convince by participating in Endeavour Postgraduate Award program, I will earn knowledge and valuable experience that will shape me in how to see things and create ideas for better education quality in Indonesia and at the same time share it with others to better future of us all.

2. Please provide details of your participation in community service activities outside of your regular studies and/or employment that provides a benefit to your nation and/or your community (Maximum 200 words)

Continue study in developed country such as Australia is one of my dreams. By taking a master degree in education in Australa is big opportunity to me to learn trinket all about education. Visit schools and take a chance to assist the children learning will be my priority when I were there.

My proposed study will be comparing study about monitoring and evaluation system in Australia and Indonesia. The study will focus on national and local education policy related and the role of government and school to evaluate the learning process. This is also in a turn will shape how teacher conduct learning in their class and be professional teacher.

By taking personal development in that field, it will give me concrete images about how the role of government and school in monitoring and evaluation process. The knowledge and experiences I will have also will enrich my point of views in term to design programs for schools around Indonesia. It will also expand my education horizons in giving advices for principals and teachers in particular programs especially school improvement program.
I have been working in the field of education since 2000.

I started my carrier as a teacher, and currently I am working in ProVisi Education as a Program Manager.

Our organization is involved in Education Development Programs around Indonesia, especially in remote areas.

... there is also a gap between what education purposes accomplishes (what school delivers) and community needs.

We tried to fill the gap, together with the school, by exploring what resources that school had for learning, and we gathered parents' opinions about what they wanted for their children. We also included the students' opinions about what they want to be after graduated.

To inspire school stakeholders to create a meaningful learning process will always be my motive, wherever I create education programs.

Continuing study in a developed country such as Australia is one of my dreams.

My proposed study will involve comparing monitoring and evaluation system in Australia with those in Indonesia.

The knowledge and experiences I will have gain also will enrich my point of view in terms to design programs for schools around Indonesia.

I'll add a comma here:
It will also expand my education horizons in giving advices for principals and teachers in particular programs, especially school improvement program.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / Need your help to edit and comment for my Endeavour Postgraduate Award- Australia