Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Help~ Essay for music school

pianogirl_5 4 / 1  
Hello. I would greatly appreciate your help on my essay. lots of critisisms please@!!! Please help me to make my essay more 'flowy' and connected and tell me if i answered the question and how I could make my opening more catchy. thanks so much!

As you prepare to pursue a career in music, theatre, or dance, what are your thoughts on the relationship between arts and the society?How relevant has your art been to your community and to you?

"On a hill far away--." A lady on the wheel chair tapped her feet to the beat, tightly grasping on a towel. "I love that old cross where the dearest--"echoed more voices around me. Music is a form of language without words, so powerful that has the ability to make people happy, sad, and peaceful.

I started to volunteer as a pianist in the Health and Rehabilitation Center in the Burcham Hills nursing home during the summer. It was a way that I could challenge myself to perform comfortably in front of an audience. I would speak through my performance of Debussy's Arabesque while the residents understood me through my voice, the piano, despite their fading ability to communicate or understand. In return, I would receive gestures of appreciation. I was also moved to find that some were able to recall lyrics and titles of hymns despite their ability to recall names and places. Through this experience, I have discovered that music allows intimate communication by capturing feelings and expressions that cannot be put into words.

Music has also helped me through adversities in my life. During my tough transition from Madison to Michigan, I was able to escape my loneliness through the piano and it was the one way I could restore my confidence and the emptiness inside me. My joy, anger, and sadness were reflected through the piano. To me, it is a form of expression and creativity that is so unique, that cannot be compared to anyone else's.

I plan to study piano performance not for the worth of a dollar sign or fame, but to develop what I have and to further shape my character with perseverance and patience.

Home / Undergraduate / Help~ Essay for music school