Help with a self essay for application to a medical program

kdune216 1 / -  
I need to write a 1 page self essay for an application to the diagnostic medical sonography program at my school. Im having troubling getting started with format and topics to write about. It says I should include the following information:

My name, address, phone, email, and student ID (not sure how to put all that in a heading correctly)

A brief summary of recent, pertinent life experiences:

- education(high school to present)
- recent work experience
- related personal or family medical experiences
- volunteer work or community service
- hobbies or interests
- awards and honors
- memberships
(the only thing I have to write about here so far is that my aunt is a sonographer and thats how I became interested in this field. I never volunteered, I never received awards or honors... not sure what else to write about)

brief definition of my major field of interest, in my own words
brief explanation of my choice of career goal
brief summary of my self-perceived strengths and weaknesses
brief summary of my educational and career goals

Any help would be great! Thanks!
sathvik27 2 / 4  
you first have to tell a statement of why you want to pursue your field of interest. after that state a goal which you want to reach by doing you studies in that college . cement those statements by stating some facts about that college. that will make a perfect essay.
my aunt is a sonographer and thats how I became interested in this field.

That is not really the best thing to write. Think about what your goal is. When you write, the goal usually is to make the reader do a particular thing... buy your product, visit your web page, give you a good grade, allow you into a program, award you a scholarship... so what do you want this reader to do?

Write the content that will make the reader stop and say, "Oh, this kid really deserves every opportunity, because she planned so carefully and reads so diligently. Show that you are absolutely hell bent on transforming this field and making a big splash in the world of modern medicine.

Do not use lists like this... you have to write from a state of mind that is totally free, and when you really share something that reflects a free state of mind, the reader can really feel it.

Home / Undergraduate / Help with a self essay for application to a medical program