Helping my grandpa and grandma/ Nursing Essay

Cowtown 1 / -  
Please look it over! 200 words or less, thanks! Best order for the paragraphs.

It wasn't until our family suffered serious health issues that the thought of nursing entered my life. Helping to care for my grandpa and grandma at home offered me the opportunity to develop patience and compassion for pain suffered by others. While in high school I took it a step further volunteering for the Junior Volunteer Program at XXXXXX Hospital. That's when my life changed forever. Caring for the newborns was so fulfilling that after two summers I made the decision to go into Pediatrics. Job shadowing at XXXXXXX Pediatrics has afforded me a different look at caring for children of all ages.

My unique upbringing has thus far defined who I am today. Growing up in a family where doing for others and giving back is what brings happiness and profound meaning to life. Those values are part of my being and that is what I will convey to my patients in the future.

I selected XXXXXXXXX School of Nursing because of the excellent academic reputation. I want to experience the best of the best when it comes to my nursing education. I'm always pushing myself in every aspect of life and my determination to fulfill my goal makes me an asset to your program.
tinkr1 3 / 6 1  
Try to change the sentence: That's when my life changed forever. Either delete it or add it into the next sentence about caring for newborns. You need to add in why it changed your life not just that it did. I know it is only 200 words but also try to give an example of your "unique upbringing", it seems a little vague! Hope I helped!

Home / Undergraduate / Helping my grandpa and grandma/ Nursing Essay