Helping me to pursue my dream in Canada

annie_truong 1 / 1  

Purchasing and Supply chain management diploma

My background is that I graduated from university and then worked for 2 years. Now I apply to embassy for my visa to study advanced diploma of supply chain. Hope all of you can help me to contribute the idea of my study plan and fix my grammars. Thank you so much :).

I am writing this letter to further explain why I would like to apply for a study permit to Canada to undertake the advanced diploma of Purchasing and Supply chain management at Seneca college in Toronto, Ontario in January, 2017. With my previous experiences, I wish to expand my practical knowledge of supply chain and turn my focus towards the wide-scale applications in multinational company as Supply Chain Consultant in Vietnam. By reading the course curriculum available online, I have found that the subject material covered will best suit my career goal. Lastly, the prospect of participating in a field placement program is an excellent way to gain practical work experience, as well as build upon culture cognizance.

I finished my studies at FPT university with a major in Corporate Finance in 2015, current cumulative GPA is 7.26 out of 10. The most influential exposure to Purchasing and Supply chain came during my 1-year working as Supply chain coordinator in Truong Hoang Kim private company located in Quang Tri province. As part of my role, I help my Director to manage the buying and delivery process of goods on behalf of my company, negotiate rate with carriers ensuring that I secure the best possible rate inline the company's buying policy, and develop the good client relationship. Furthermore, I worked as Community Operation Analyst in Accenture Malaysia from August, 2016 to September, 2017. The multinational environment in Accenture typically gives me a broader experience working with people from multiple countries, learning how to handle and moderate the content data for clients based on business processes and polices.

After working two years, I strongly believe that I need to equip with comprehensive and integrated knowledge of purchasing and supply chain by attending in a specific program in this major. By researching the course of study, I have no doubt that advanced diploma program in Seneca college is the most suitable choice. Firstly, I will spend the first four semesters building a practical grounding contemporary management theory. Secondly, my final two semesters will be spent gaining the essential tools necessary to manage the supply and having the chance to gain valuable work experience through the field placement program. Moreover, with 11 campuses dotted throughout the Toronto region, Seneca provides its students with numerous industry partnerships and opportunities for hands-on learning.

Canada is the best destination for myself to pursue my study because of a culture of tolerance and diversity, world-class cities and becoming one of the 10 safest countries in the world (The Global Peace Index - 2017). Furthermore, Canadian Institutes, charge lower tuition fees for international students than their counterparts in competing countries and at the same time, maintain excellent educational quality. And one of the biggest reason why I choose Canada is that the supply chain, across all industries, is one of the most essential sectors of the Canadian economy. Therefore, I can learn and gain exposure to general purchasing management and logistics technical skills and innovations.

Vietnam is a developing country with an enormous potential in this major. The supply chain industry in Vietnam is suffering from lack of available talent and well-trained labors. The research of Institute of Regional Sustainable Development (2016) shows that among executives of companies in Vietnam, more than 50% reported difficulty finding the qualified staffs in this across supply chain functions. Therefore, I am looking forward to returning to my country in order to share what I have learned and also, beginning my work as a Supply Chain consultant at international companies located in Vietnam. Lastly, due to my professional obligations and the fact that I do not have family members living in Canada, especially I will take care of my parents as the oldest child's responsibility, I believe that I am an excellent candidate for undergraduate studies in your country.

xxx
rodrigolivbr 4 / 7 1  
@annie_truong
Is there a prompt for this essay? I think you should highlight more the motives that bind you to your country in order to convince them about your intentions to return to Vietnam.
Tam, you need to re-target the presentation of this essay. Base your requirement to study in Canada on your professional needs. The academic references you made in the essay will not help you because you are now applying for a visa to go to masters degree school. That means, you have at least 2 years relevant work experience in this field. So you have to convince the consul that there is an imperative need for your line of training in Vietnam. You should open with that explanation instead. Think of this letter s a statement of purpose to get a visa. Why should the consul allow you entry into his country? Start from the beginning. Here is an outline that you can base your revision upon. You can talk about:

1. The purpose for your studies abroad with justification as to why this training cannot be completed in Vietnam.
2. Why you chose to study in Canada (without getting political by mentioning diversity and tuition fees).
3. Define what the Canadian educational experience means to you.
4. Indicate if you have already received early admission to Seneca College and how this affected your decision to study in Vietnam.
5. Explain who will be sponsoring your studies. Make sure to mention that you have no intention of working while you are in Canada.
6. Reiterate your desire to return home at the end of the academic year.

If possible attach a letter from your employer that indicates that you have a job waiting for you upon your return to Vietnam. That could help to convince the consul that you are a good risk to return to Vietnam after one year.
Patistrying 2 / 2  
your assay is okay, general, I mean it's quite not outstanding from other candidates.
Here's my suggestion find a few key words explaining yourself e.g. networking, country's finance etc. and extent your essay by using those words in your life story or goals. This will make your essay more interesting

Home / Undergraduate / Helping me to pursue my dream in Canada