'Hercules' NYU supplement: what intrigues you?

ljy9152 4 / 12 1  
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!
topic: What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you. limited to 1500 characters

When I was young, I loved a Disney movie called "Hercules." As a Greek mythology maniac, I made this movie the all time favorite. Disney modified the story a bit, but who cares? The hero's adventures were more important to me than any other things in the story. Other than Hercules, the main character, the real factor that made this movie my favorite is the song called "Go the Distance." When Hercules gets criticized for being too strong to be useful in the society, he determines to go far away to find a place where he belongs. My favorite section from the song is "I am on my way/I can go to distance/I don't care how far". This line reminds me of my situation right now: finding a college where I belong to.

Unlike Hercules, who did not know where he could go, I know where I want to go: New York. NYC, from Texas, is very far away, but my dreams are there: walking on the Broadway, meeting various kinds of people and cultures and studying in such environment. Two hours in an airplane? No big deal. I can still go to the distance to fulfill my dream.
bella2489 2 / 3  
Omg I love this topic because Hercules was my favorite movie! and I have that song on my ipod! But the relationship between go the distance and how you will go from texas to nyc is unique. I like it! just ask a teacher to check for very minor grammar mistakes!

Home / Undergraduate / 'Hercules' NYU supplement: what intrigues you?