"the high-level knowledge" - UC #2: 2 experience

franklinz622 1 / -  
Stop or keep going when people have made some process? What can truly lead people to the success, intelligence or persistence? After I reviewed my personal experience, I aware what the answers are. Sometimes, the persistence is like the catalyst, which magical effect can facilitate people to attain what they anticipate; moreover the renouncement is like the impediment, which thorny effect can hinder people in their way to the achievement. Once I was facing the dilemma whether stop or insist, and my persistence led me to where I supposed to be.

At the time when I was in the grade 8, my superior intelligence and great diligence made me became the top one in the class; in order to attain the more advance level of studying, I chose to skip one grade direct to the grade 10 earlier than my contemporary. However, at the beginning of the first semester, studying difficultly, working exhaustively, I felt tough to compete with the high-grade-student. Aiming for the perfect, I did not stop for my backward but inspired by my shortages, I started studying much harder and paying much more attentions than before; studying the mathematics formulas, scrutinizing the physics theory, experiencing the chemical functions, I got improvement on not only academic aspect but also personal abilities. Moreover, besides the studying, I also got great performances on many activities; playing in the basketball team, participating in the volunteer programs, I became the versatile student in my grade. Since then my ranking kept going up, and at the end of the semester I became the top 20 in grade 10.Thus, due to my perfect performance, I was admitted to skip one year again to the grade 12; at that moment I was wondering should I keep going or just feel gratified what I had achieved.

Contrary to renouncing the opportunity, I kept going and attain the grade 12 at the age of 16; I could not help but wonder whether my decision was wise or stupid, because it would be a great pity if I become the worst instead of the best in the grade 12.However when I raised my head to imagine the valuable time that I would save for the further education, my misgivings went away immediately. While I was determined to keep my great rank in lower grade, I cared more about the successes that would happen in the future than the negligible accomplishments that I had achieved now.

Without solid basic of knowledge, I started the advanced courses in English; I could obviously found disparity between me and the average, but I did not even have a thought of giving-up; reciting the vocabularies, exercising the grammar, I found the disparity between me and the average became weaker and smaller. Only good at English is far not enough for me, so I combined my English level with my basic of subjects' knowledge, and gradually I could adapt to highly intense studying. With my persistence and patience, I accomplished all the courses that I selected and attained the AP exam in the end of the semester. As the result of my great work, I received the ideal scores which were I used to anticipate.

Without persisting to skip another year, I might still complacent for what I've achieved in grade 10 instead of attaining the advanced education in the college. I utilized my experience to improve my approach to the high-level knowledge, and also I regard it as a great stimulation to inspire me in my daily life. Thus, with my spirit of insistence and high demanding for the knowledge, I deem that I would give more and more superior performances on the stage of my life.

please read and give some feedbacks thx a lot
ruzhang143 3 / 16  
the persistence is like the catalyst
the renouncement is like the impediment

Your second paragraph seems quite rough, with too much information but not enough detail.

Perhaps include more interesting facts rather than just plainly describe your achievements.

Take whatever you need.
I could obviously find disparity

Contrary to renouncing the opportunity, I kept going and attained the...

Oh, I see that you just have to work on verb conjugation. When you write something, you should know if the verb has to be present tense or past tense. This can only be learned from reading a lot! You have to read good books out loud to get used to the way verbs change in various situations.

Should we stop or keep going after having made some progress? What can truly lead people to the success, intelligence or persistence? After I reviewed my personal experience, I was aware of what the answers are.

:-) I see that you know a lot about how to write good essays! It is a great opening line, too. Keep reading books out loud. I suggest you read a whole Stephen King novel while speaking each word aloud.

Home / Undergraduate / "the high-level knowledge" - UC #2: 2 experience