Highly Intellectual,Physically robust, Virtuous & Fair; C APP/ I would choose to do!

dominicp11 1 / 1  
If you were given all the money you would ever need, and were free to do absolutely anything with your life, what would you choose to do and why?

ROUGH DRAFT
I find that my packed schedule of activities and academics dominates my life, leaving me unable to completely achieve my personal goals and thoroughly enjoy my interests. I believe that if I was given total control of my life, I would spend the bulk of my time developing my mind and body to reach its maximum potential.

I have a deep love of learning. Although school tends to be tedious, I appreciate the skills and knowledge that I take out of it. If were free from my current restraints, such as building a desirable college resume, I would continue my studies, but focus on subjects that I am passionate about. I would continue to higher education both scholastically and personally. I have learned from my experiences tutoring my peers and succeeding in difficult classes that it is both enriching and entertaining to continually challenge myself and think in different ways. My goal would be to learn something new every day. I would challenge myself to read a litany of books and live a life of intellect.

Alternatively, I would devote a sizable amount of time to physical development. Exercise became an essential part of my life ever since I started rowing during my freshman year. Not only is it necessary for me to keep a level head, but it provides an outlet for stress. I would take of advantage of the freedom in my schedule and work out daily. I often have felt that my rigorous course load has somewhat impeded my success in my rowing career. Rowing fast is all about creating as much power to propel the boat with minimal wasted energy. I would use this extra time to truly reach the limit of my physical capabilities and definitively discover the extent of my power.

Furthering my understanding of my religious faith would also be an immediate goal. I come from a family of devout Italian Catholics and honestly I have yet to experience the magic of religion that affects pious people so deeply. Reading the Bible would be the primary step in this process of spiritual development. The Bible is arguable the most influential book in all of history, it is alluded to frequently in both everyday life and most literature. Along with completing and interpreting the holy text, I would break my immediate family's trend of only attending church twice a year and devote every Sunday morning to Mass. I would apply the lessons and moral principles of my education of the divine into my everyday life by undergoing a process of self-reform and good works. I would force myself to live by a rigid moral code and attempt to become an overall beneficent human being.

In summary, if were able to throw of the yoke of responsibility towards others and preparing for a lucrative career, I would attempt to mold myself to become the absolute best I can be in all aspects of life. My goal would be to become a Renaissance Man of sorts: highly intellectual, physically robust, as well as virtuous and fair. I understand that becoming the consummate human being is a lofty or quixotic goal; however, with determination I am confident that I would be able to achieve greatness.
Kitsumi 4 / 97 16  
impeded my success in my rowing career

impeded my rowing career.

and honestly I have yet to

This is a formal essay. Don't have colloquialisms.

attending church twice a year

contradicts

a family of devout Italian Catholics

throw of the yoke of responsibility

Do you mean, "throw off "? Also, what is a "yoke"? This may just be an individual specific question.

In summary, if were able to throw of the yoke of responsibility towards others and preparing for a lucrative career, I would attempt to mold myself to become the absolute best I can be in all aspects of life

Run-on sentence.

I like your vocabulary. It's very diverse, I see you have used some SAT words :D
OP dominicp11 1 / 1  
Thank you very much! And a yoke is like a burden

Home / Undergraduate / Highly Intellectual,Physically robust, Virtuous & Fair; C APP/ I would choose to do!