Highly Prestigious, Top Ranked; why Georgia tech?

kilayah 1 / -  
Why are you interested in attending Georgia Tech and what do you hope to contribute to our community? (150 word limit)

I believe that a highly prestigious, top ranked institute such as Georgia Tech, with its emphasis on research and technology, excellent faculty and diverse student body will provide me with the best educational experience. In my sophomore year of high school, computer engineering became a passion of mine.(HOW did computer engineering capture your attention? you could just tell them that the best night you spent in high school is programming for something with your team, that sort of thing. just to make sure that your sentence is stronger) I believe that Georgia Tech is the school capable of providing me with the opportunity to pursue it to fulfillment(what's your temporary or lifelong goal that GT could help achieve? always be specific). With its research program(what?), I will be able to do the undergraduate research(what?) that I've hoped to perform in computer engineering since early on in high school(you didn't mention any). As a visionary student(why?), I hope to continue doing research at Georgia Tech and hopefully provide the Georgia Tech community with a great advancement in the field of computer engineering.
LiangWu 4 / 11  
hi is this essay due? i hope not.

I have to say that, this essay gives admission officers a negative impression. Not that it tells something negative, but it conveys nothing. This essay could transplant to any other college.

I hope your other materials could strengthen your application.

Home / Undergraduate / Highly Prestigious, Top Ranked; why Georgia tech?