History of Science Fiction; Colorado C- Intellectual Adventure

Flargus 3 / 9  
Hey there all, just getting some feedback for college app stuff.
REQUIRED: The Block Plan at Colorado College has a tradition of innovation and flexibility. Please design your own three-and-a-half week intellectual adventure and describe what you would do.

Course Description: History of Science Fiction
Science Fiction, as a genre, is very broad by its nature, and arguably relatively new. Science Fiction can be defined by themes that (usually) abide by the scientifically established laws of physics, nature, and the universe. Students will study influential short stories, novels, plays and movies of the genre, observe and trace the development of different subgenres (Time Travel, Aliens, Alternative History, etc.), and highlight the influence that Science Fiction has had on significant scientific advances.

Content Includes: H.G. Wells, Neal Stephenson, Star Trek, Ray Bradbury, Karel Čapek, Alien, Isaac Asimov, Kurt Vonnegut, Doctor Who, Jules Verne, and others, dependent on Student interests.

---------------------------------------------------------------
What I'm worried about is that this may seem as too short, but since there wasn't a lot of guidance, I wrote it like the kind of Course description you'd see in a catalog.

Tell me what you think, and thank you!
jingjingjing - / 1  
I was just as confused as i started the essay,and i thought the same as you did ,like,just giving a course description or something like that.But then i searched much information about this topic here and on collegeconfidential.com,and i realized that what they want you to write about is not a specific course;they want to see how you combine your imagination and your interests with the block plan.You can search for essays here and you'll see how some other people write about it and you may get inspired :)
mmgay 1 / 5  
I dont know alot about science fiction but I guess you have pretty good idea about it and it can be seen
I also agree with jingjingjing that the college doesnt want you to write a course catalog but is more interested in knowing more about you through the question so may mention what you hope to achieve from the course and how this course will benefit you.

here

Students will study

I think its much better to use first person instead of third one .. :)
omeirx 2 / 5  
nice just work on grammar part
OP Flargus 3 / 9  
Could you point out which parts?

Home / Undergraduate / History of Science Fiction; Colorado C- Intellectual Adventure