'Hitting yellow balls' -Extracurricular Activity Short Answer

letmego 3 / 6  
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum).

Hitting yellow balls back and forth over a net. A seemingly simple activity, yet one that has impacted my life so greatly. Playing team tennis for the past four years has taught me much more than how to hit the ball. I now understand the power of dreams and goals, as I watched myself progress and reach my goal of playing on the varsity team. It has taught me what it means to be a part of something bigger than myself, and what the meaning of teamwork and unity is. I learned how to support my teammates, be a good sportsman, and how to fight all the way through, never giving up. I learned the value of hard work and determination, as the grueling practices our coach put us through culminated in my team becoming district champions two years in a row. Playing tennis has not only improved my physical fitness but has also conditioned my mind. Playing tennis has helped me create some of my most cherished relationships and bonds, to both my teammates and other tennis aficionados. It is said that high school is a time when you find out who you truly are. I feel that a great part of discovering myself has come from my biggest passion, tennis.
amajor12 1 / 3  
It's really good, and it shows characteristics about yourself that might not otherwise be shown in the common, which is what you're supposed to show, so good job! a Few things though. The sentence "It has taught me what it means to be a part of something bigger than myself, and what the meaning of teamwork and unity is" is a little awkwardly worded, I would change it around so that it says something more about how it's taught you what a team is, so that way it's a better transition to the next sentence.

Some of your words choices, such as aficionados are also a bit awkward, but other than that, good job!

Home / Undergraduate / 'Hitting yellow balls' -Extracurricular Activity Short Answer