holla at yo gurl. second UC prompt.

ricejillian5 3 / 8 3  
help a sista out. i have two options for this essay prompt and this is my second one. (which i personally like better)
-here is the prompt in case you don't know it: Tell us about a personal quality, experience, talent, accomplishment, or contribution that is important to you. what about this quality makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?

- i can take it, so just say whatever you want.

Art is neither a skill nor a talent, it is a sport. It takes practice like throwing a ball, it requires focus like getting to the finish line, and it demands patience like waiting for the perfect wave. It asks you to pay attention to every last detail. It tells you that your project is awful and it screams give up already. But the best part about this sport is that in the end, it is fearless, forgiving and free.

Anyone can pick up a paintbrush, dip it in their favorite color, and put their mind on a canvas. A piece will begin entirely open to anything and everything, and you may go crazy over deciding what to paint but you will eventually figure it out and begin. Then it will look horrible and you will wonder, "What is wrong with me?" You will want to give up and there will be a trashcan within arm's reach. Then you remember that even though your project resembles the trash that sits in the conveniently located wastebasket, it will be ok because who doesn't love a reckless piece of art? It may take days or weeks but when you finish, you will feel like the most successful person to ever walk the planet. All the stress and frustration you felt will be forgotten. It will be worth it.

Eventually, you will begin to apply this to your every day life. It's a sense of dedication. You will learn to be brave and attack something that may be as small as doing the dishes to as large as solving world hunger and you don't stop until it is done. You will have been taught to see from another point of view and to have an open mind. Noticing John Lennon's crooked glasses while portraying his face on your wall will guide you to having a detailed eye and to look into every aspect. You will be patient while waiting in line at the DMV because over and over again you have had to re-sketch what you thought was perfect.

I am proud that I have played this sport for so many years. It has given me many chances, and every time I have learned that each of these aspects are who I am. Although art had been harsh at times, it has been kind enough to coach me to be more than fearless, forgiving and free.

:D ... A novel definition for Art; generally we define sport as an art :D .... Impressive : )

Art is neither a skill nor a talent

------------ however, this sounds very controversial for me :D
Yes... Art may not be a skill or talent, but to be artistic you need something in your genes :D .... since the word art is very closely related to ''artistic'', the reader gets his eyebrows lifted as he sees this line. I suggest you to have something less offensive or less radical in place of this line. However, the rest of the para is absolutely impressive !

Home / Undergraduate / holla at yo gurl. second UC prompt.