Home is Where the Heart Is, NYU movie and poem

collegecrazy 3 / 8  
In the year 2050, a movie is being made of your life. Please tell us the name of your movie and briefly summarize the story line.

Home is Where the Heart Is. [My name] has had many homes. After living in Europe for four years, she was able to live the adventure she always craved. She explored the ancient ruins of Greece, witnessed the Spanish bullfights, and admired the Italian masterpieces in Florence. She made many friends and fell in love. However, she still feels like something is missing. Her grandmother's death causes her to return to the U.S. with her fiancé and reunite with her family and her best friend, Jay. After one week of chaos, a rekindled romance, and revisited memories, she is reminded of what is truly important to her: family.

My response is 521 characters and it's supposed to be 500 or less :/

Write a haiku, limerick, or short (eight lines or less) poem that best represents you.

Curious and craving adventure
Waiting, waiting
For the sea to part
Watching, watching
As the world reveals itself to me.
Like a newly born bird
I am ready to fly
And jump into the unknown.
mle2010 7 / 38  
Amazing response! Sounds like an actual movie synopsis. Just a couple suggestions on how to cut down the words. I hope they help.

Home is Where the Heart Is. After living in Europe for four years, [name] was able to live the adventure she always craved. She explored the ancient ruins of Greece, witnessed Spanish bullfights, and admired Italian masterpieces in Florence. She made many friends and fell in love. However, she still felt like something was missing. Her grandmother's death causes her to return to the U.S. with her fiancé and reunite with her family and her best friend. After one chaotic week, a rekindled romance, and revisited memories, she is reminded of what is truly important to her: family.
mle2010 7 / 38  
Take a look at my essays if you get a chance please.

Glad I could help!
davidgoes 5 / 13  
witnessed the Spanish bullfights

Overall the content of your movie flows, but I would recommend maybe developing the plot of the movie more in that it shows how you would reconnect with your family.

Your poem is very insightful in that it shows your eagerness to learn and explore, overall it is written very well and very creative! Good job

Could you please take a look at my essays thankyou!

Home / Undergraduate / Home is Where the Heart Is, NYU movie and poem