Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

my home for the next four years

vinnymj 3 / 6  
Tell us why you decided to apply to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In addition, share with us the academic, extracurricular, or research opportunities you would take advantage of as a student. If applicable, provide details of any circumstance that could have had an impact on your academic performance and/or extracurricular involvement.I first heard about Madison University when I came across Harry Frederick Harlow and his work on the Rhesus Monkeys. As the first director of the Wisconsin Primate Research Center at Madison, I became very keen to learn more about the science department of Madison in our times. What I discovered did not disappoint me. The cutting edge research done by the science department and the well-known faculty members of today have only strengthened my desire to attend Madison in an effort to ensure that I receive only the best training and mentoring possible from my chosen academy of learning.

Friends, who previously visited the institution, describe it as a great environment, with positive and friendly people. It was not enough for me, I wanted to experience UW-Madison myself and what it has to offer. I was eager to visit campus, I made an appointment for the tour, and what i saw did not disappoint me. I was impresses by every building and their unique history. I was also pleased to learn about the different seasonal activities the university has to offer. As my tour went on they treated me not as outsider but rather as one of them, answering all my questions and told me all about their famous ice cream that is made ion campus. After the tour I Instantaneously knew madison was the school for me ,the overwhelmed warm welcome I receive impact me in a great extent that made me decide that madison must be my home for the next four years .

The positive and supportive atmosphere of the Madison campus will help create the perfect balance between my social and academic life. Knowing that I will always have loyal friends who are willing to help me when I am down and being enlightened by the highly learned professors of the institution will help me become a better version of who I am now in the next four years.

Home / Undergraduate / my home for the next four years