I hope to refine my Italian; Portland- Lewis&Clark TRANSFER

danimeep 8 / 25 2  
Looking for any helpful comments!!

1. How did you first learn about Lewis & Clark?

During the summer, I watched a short documentary on Portland and I was immediately attracted to the culture of the city-Voodoo's Doughnut shop, the Portland Art Museum, and the Rose Garden. I decided to look into schools in the area. Through an online search, I found immediate interest in Lewis & Clark College.

2. In approximately 250 words, please provide a statement reflecting on your interest in enrolling in Lewis and Clark College.

Hidden among the green trees and brick architecture, in Portland's southwest hills, my dream school awaits me: Lewis & Clark College. The charming and beautiful scenery remains inconsequential compared to the number of reasons that motivate me to attend L&C. After transitioning from a small high school to a large university, I knew that I wanted to pursue a small community once again. I was immediately drawn to small L&C due its emphasis on creative application and overseas opportunities. After attending a project-based high school, I constantly questioned, "How can I apply this to the real world?" I value L&C's liberal arts curriculum because it embodies what I envision in my dream college: an education that connects theoretical knowledge with hands on application. Embodying this principal, I hope to refine my Italian, and apply my knowledge of the language through the study abroad program. I hope to connect my education with my life by achieving a well-rounded education that allows me to explore interests aside from my major. I hope to represent myself with an education from L&C.
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
How did you first learn about Lewis & Clark?

During the summer, I watched a short documentary on Portland and was immediately attracted to the culture of the city-Voodoo's Doughnut shop, the Portland Art Museum, and the Rose Garden. I decided to look into schools in the area. Through an online search, I took an immediate interest in Lewis & Clark College.

Good! Although I don't really think they'll be ranking this one...

In approximately 250 words, please provide a statement reflecting on your interest in enrolling in Lewis and Clark College.

Hidden among the green trees and brick architecture, sitting in Portland's southwest hills, my dream school awaits me: Lewis & Clark College. The charming and beautiful scenery remains inconsequential compared to the number of reasons that motivate me to attend L&C.(The fact that you mentioned its scenery says that it does matter to you, and your other reasons show that the scenery isn't your only reason for going, so you don't really need this sentence.) After transitioning from a small high school to a large university, I knew that I wanted to be part of a small community once again. I was immediately drawn to small L&C because of its size, its emphasis on creative application, and its overseas opportunities. Attending a project-based high school taught me to constantly ask, "How can I apply this ____ to the real world?" (Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Did the high school's approach to learning teach you to think about how knowledge could be applied to the real world, or were you dissatisfied with the fact that your school's curriculum didn't apply to the real world?) I value L&C's liberal arts curriculum because it embodies what I envision in my dream college: an education that connects theoretical knowledge with hands-on application (There's a difference between a liberal arts curriculum, which just strives to teach you many subjects, and an emphasis on hands-on application.) . Embodying this principle , I hope to refine my Italian and apply my knowledge of the language through the study-abroad program. I hope to achieve a well-rounded education that allows me to explore interests aside from my major. I hope to represent myself with an education from L&C.(This last sentence sounds a little strange to me.)

I like it, but I think you could elaborate more on specific courses that you are interested in, or activities that you would like to join. Explain also why you want a small community?
OP danimeep 8 / 25 2  
I'm not sure what you mean by- "I don't think they'll really be ranking this one" Can you explain? Also, would you mind looking at my main common app essay? Thank you so much.

Home / Undergraduate / I hope to refine my Italian; Portland- Lewis&Clark TRANSFER