"a household name in my family" -Why are you interested in The Ohio State University?

zillions 1 / 1  
I am about to apply to Ohio State and thought I could get some suggestions on any improvements. The question is in the subject.

I want to add more in the closing paragraph but not sure how to summarize it that isn't too repetitive.
All criticism is appreciated. Thanks.

"The Ohio State University has been a household name in my family since before I was born seeing as my dad was born in Ohio. Growing up in Virginia, our trips to OSU football games became something I looked forward to each fall. Since I was young, I loved to build things and dreamed of being an architect. Naturally, The Ohio State University, with its prestigious architecture school, became an obvious choice.

I have always known that architecture is the career I want to pursue and Ohio State's School of Architecture provides exactly what I need to make that a reality. Working in the studio and designing projects will give me the experience I will need in a professional field. Having travelled to Singapore this past summer, I learned how much I enjoy international travel. Being able to study abroad through Ohio State will not only expose me to new cultures, but allow me to discover different architecture styles and their history.

I am interested in The Ohio State University because its traditions and school pride motivate me to become a part of the experience."
pinky44 2 / 9  
"I looked forward to each fall. Since I was young," make that a better transition
it seems like an abrupt jump.

i like the way you end, so don't change it! it's short and to the point and summarizes everything above.
OP zillions 1 / 1  
I was thinking that was a bad transition but I don't really know what I could say. I wanted to bring it together in the thesis but Idk how to transition between them
20mel11 1 / 3  
Hi :)
I'm applying to The Ohio State University as well.
I like your essay! The only problem is you can easily substitute in another school... You are being a little too general when talking about your architectural ambitions. What particular program at Ohio State interests you?

If it helps, go to their website and browse through their Architecture department and see if you can find any unique classes or programs that makes it unique and sets it apart from all other Architecture programs in other colleges. That's what I did :)

Good luck!!!!

PS. "Ohio State's School of Architecture provides exactly what I need to make that a reality"

What exactly does Ohio State provide??

I hope it's not "Working in a studio designing projects" because any school can offer that...
SamBrown011 2 / 2  
You should talk more about what you like about OSU and their architecture school. My teacher told me that colleges like to see that you have done research on their school.

Home / Undergraduate / "a household name in my family" -Why are you interested in The Ohio State University?