"human beings are influenced" - significant influence essay

tokichaw 2 / -  
Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence.

I believe that in the process of our mental and physical growth, we human beings are influenced by many natural, environmental and social factors around us. These influences have the power to shape our attitude, belief and overall personality to a large extent. Being born and raised in a poor African family, I have seen my parents struggling with a strong chain of poverty and underdevelopment. I have always observed my father sacrificing his own comfort to the well-being of his two children, my older brother and me. This has always been making me feel that my entire life would not be long enough to pay the debts that I owe my father, who (without whom...) sacrificed everything possible for the best of his family.

On the day my father was retired from his job, there was a memorable joy among the entire family, his staff members and his friends who were all glad to see his chance to take a long break after 27 years of teaching. Everybody was enjoying the small party that was organized by the last school he has been teaching. (One more sentence to give more power for the next idea) However, my father was strangely immersed in a deep thought and was very sad despite the happy atmosphere that was around him. Being the only person to observe that and confused of the strange sorrow on my father's face, I got closer to him and asked what was perturbing him on that happy day. He replied, with that voice which has always given me hope and courage.' I am now retired, but you two have to live as happy as before, nothing should be given priority over your academics." It took me a while to get what he meant, but I finally realized that what was giving an extreme pain for my father was the lower income of the family that immediately followed his retirement.

A week after that day, I started seeing the happiness of my father coming back. My father, that person, who I have always been proud of, has used that short period of time to regain his confidence back and decide to start a new chapter in his life which will ensure the long term happiness and welfare of his family. He put all his determination and courage in to maximum and proceeded to face all the negative consequence that he will encounter for deciding to get new job which was highly scorned by our villagers. There was no doubt in his mind when he decided to work as a cattleman in a nearby ranch. Without any regret, he sacrificed his personal pride and respect in the community for the fulfillment of his family's basic need.

I wasn't ashamed to see my father working as a cowhand; I was rather impressed with his strength and hard work. His respect for work and his fortitude to face challenges were the characteristic traits that make me the person I am today. It was because of his struggle and passion that I am now presented with all the opportunities that I have been blessed with. He has enriched my life through his endless sacrifices. His love and affection for his family has taught me how to be responsible in the different aspects of my life and his consistence effort for success has taught me lesson about patience and tolerance. In general, my father was that person without whom my entire life would have just been a dream.
ohreally 8 / 20  
His respect for work and his fortitude to face challenges were the characteristic traits that made me into the person I am today.

On the day my father was retired from his job, there was a memorable joy among the entire family, his staff members, and his friends who were all glad to see his chance to take a long break after 27 years of teaching.

Good Essay :]
These were the only misicule errors I could find.

Good Luck!

Home / Undergraduate / "human beings are influenced" - significant influence essay