"human body and its intricate" - Columbia Why I want to come to this University

Aflowers12 2 / 4  
Please Tell us what you find most appealing about Columbia and why?
Please edit and HELP

Whenever I am asked "So, what colleges are you applying to?" I think back to the conversation my grandfather and I had and what he would always tell me "I believe you will find the cure to cancer. I would respond in a resounding "Yes sir, I will. My grandfather has stomach cancer, he has been the main focus behind my college choices. Although his vision for me may be outlandish at the moment he gave me plenty to think about; my future. Although the colleges I applied to may vary I know what I ...

after edits

"I believe you will find the cure to cancer", said my grandfather.
"Yes, sir, I will," I always responded.
My grandfather has stomach cancer, and he has been the main focus behind my college choices. Although his vision for me may have seemed crazy at the time, he gave me plenty to think about: my future. Although the colleges I have applied to may vary, I know what I want to become a physician. Since childhood I have been planning for this career, playing with my Barbies as though they were my patients and I was there "healer". The human body and its intricate details and functions fascinates me. I love the fact that we are all made up of one complex entity.

I knew that searching for colleges takes times, organization, and effort. As I started my journey on selecting a college that would best fit my personal needs, I was astonished to find that Columbia University fit my criteria perfectly. Through research and reviews about this university, I came to realize that the opportunities Columbia can give are endless. I did not dwell on the fact that Columbia is the third most selective college in the United States or that it is an Ivy League, because those things did not attract me to the school although it is an extra bonus. What captivated my attention was the fact that Columbia allows its students to have a mind of their own. To grow within their own rights and experience the world for themselves. Coming form a Hispanic background, my knowledge of other cultures is limited; I yearn for the taste of other cultures. Columbia will allow me to have diversity right at my fingertips. The road to becoming a physician presents many obstacles but I am positive that the education the University of Columbia can give is unlike any I could ever dream of receiving. Columbia will allow me to leave my mark on this world while taking on any challenges that my come my way. Columbia will give me the chance to take my life and let it be used to empower and improve others through the fours years spent at your academy.
Aleage12 3 / 27  
Whenever I am asked: "So, what colleges are you applying to?" I think back to the conversation my grandfather and I often had had.and what he would always tell me. "I believe you will find the cure to cancer", he stated?said?etc?and I would respond in a resounding "Yes sir, I will" . My grandfather has stomach cancer, and he has been the main focus behind my college choices. Although his vision for me may be outlandish at the moment, he gave me plenty to think about;for enhancing my my future. Although the colleges I have applied to may vary, I know what I want to become, a physicianthat I desire to become a physician . Since childhood, I have been planning around this career, playing with my Barbies as though they were my patients and I wasthereyou want to use "their" 'healer'. The human body and its intricate details and functions fascinates me. I love the fact that we are all made up of one complex entity.

I knew that searching for colleges takes time, organization, and effort. As I started my journey on selecting a college that would best fit my personal needs, I was astonished to find that Columbia University fit my criteria perfectly. Through research and reviews about this university, I came to realizatione that the opportunities Columbia gives are endless. I did not dwell on the fact that Columbia is the third most selective college in the United States or that it is an Ivy League, because those things did not attract me to the school -- although it is an extra bonus. What captivated my attention was the fact that Columbia allows its students to have a mind of their own. To grow within their own rights and experience the World not capitalized for themselves. Coming from a Hispanic background, my knowledge onf other cultures is limited,either put a conjunction here or change to semicolon I yearn for the taste of other cultures. Columbia will allow me to have diversity right at my fingertips. Becoming a physician is strenuous, but I am positive that with andthe education the University of Columbia can give is unlike any I could ever dream of receiving. Columbia will allow me to leave my mark on this World no cap. while taking on any challenges that may come my way. Columbia will give me the chance to take my life and let it be used to empower and improve others through the four years spent at your academy.

overall very nice - check out mine? scroll to bottom please to final current draft

Home / Undergraduate / "human body and its intricate" - Columbia Why I want to come to this University