UC prompt . A illness body and an empathy attitude

FortuitousMW 3 / 8  
A illness body and an empathy attitude
Personal Statement: Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?

i need some feedbacks to write better esday for other schools, so any comments are welcome!

I was a premature baby which led to a permanent illness. I was one of the twins sister. Medically, one of the twins baby would have birth defect, especially premature baby. Therefore, I was diagonised as a Cerebral Palsy child. Cerebral Palsy is not only caused my legs' tendon were tighter than other infants, but also gave me an additional symptom of a 1000 degree of high myopia. Since I understood that my body was very different than people at my age. I started to wonder who I was? Why did I have this illness, but others did not have it?

"Empathy" was a strange word to me. I considered myself an indifferent person. When I saw beggers sat on the street, I wouldn't even took a glance of them as I walked by; when my mom asked me to give some coins to handcaps or helped organizations to execute its projects, it didn't seems like a big deal if I refused mom's requests. It did sound ironic when I did so many community services at school, but did not show any mercy to needy people outside the school.

One day, after I came home with full of joys and can't wait to share with my parents. As I was going to speak, I saw my mom was weeping. Tears were urged to came out from the limit space of the lower eye part and followed a perfect cheek arc to slips down to her smooth neck. She looked really grief and ugly. I asked mom with an empathy tone, what happened? she answered me that she had a fiercely argument with my dad. At that moment, I didn't know what to do and how to calm her emotion down because I had never been in this situation before. It took a few weeks for mom to forgive the whole thing. During this period, I had sometimes to persuade her to forgot what dad had done for her, I had to say it very gentle so mom would received it. One time, she told me with an firm tone that people who had similar situation as her might be even worse than what she encountered, I had to concern more about them than herself. She wanted me to maintain my empathic attitude toward everyone who really needs help.

Even though helping my mom overcame her angryness and helpless feelings was not easy, I did found out another me who I never know before. The another me was empathic. Maybe I did things that showed my empathic before, but I never resized it until I solved my mom's problem. Now, empathy is an important quality of mine, I will keep using this unique quality to solve more problem in future.
Medically, one of the twins baby would have birth defect

This is might make it sound better.
Naturally, one of the twin babies would certainly have a birth defect.

Since then I understood that my body was very different than people at my age.

One day, after I came home with full of joys and can'tcouldn't wait to share with my parents.

Home / Undergraduate / UC prompt . A illness body and an empathy attitude