"It immediately excites me..." Business Institutions Program - Why Northwestern?

LiangWu 4 / 11  
It's my final draft, and please help me with the fluency and the contents please~It's due in two days, any help will be appreciated! thanks:)

What are the unique qualities of Northwestern - and of the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying - that make you want to attend the University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified?(250 limit)

It immediately excites me when i imagine sitting on the lawn beside Lake Michigan and discussing with my study groups. Northwestern students seems to stimulate a desire for knowledge everywhere. I will admire the artistic genre of Gothic and modernistic architecture when I walk along the tree-lined and reflective campus, not to mention peers with diverse backgrounds and accessible advisers in first-year seminar to research with. It's the best combination of liberal arts education and abundant opportunities, with an emphasis on people's connection. These are all I admire as an international student.

I plan to major in Economics at Northwestern. Only with the quarter system can I explore courses like psychology, biology and even in McCormick Engineering School, and finally design my best curriculum combination. After I witnessed the operations of my parents' electronic components company, I became interested in technology market and its social background. The Weinberg College's Business Institutions Program can best complement my focus by analyzing different organizational approaches. Having acquired interdisciplinary theories in the first two years, I wish to join the Chicago Field Studies Program to apply them in workplace and discuss in seminars with other aspirants.

Life at Northwestern is full of collaboration and shared enthusiasm. I can organize an intramural basketball team, be a vocalist in Purple Haze or even plan for one of the largest student-run Dance Marathon. Where else could I find such an ideal pathway to grow both academically and personally?
Musicpro - / 3 1  
I like everything, but the last few lines.

"Life at Northwestern is full of collaboration and shared enthusiasm. I can organize an intramural basketball team, be a vocalist in Purple Haze or even plan for one of the largest student-run Dance Marathon. "

Unless you have basketball, orchestra, and dance in your application activities, I would not put these lines in. It sounds like you;re another kid who found this stuff in the back of a promotional catalog. Talk more about business. I would also switch the order of this essay by first telling Northwestern about your interests. They get kids all the time who tell them how great their school is. The best way to stand out is by telling them about your parents business, why you enjoy this field of study AND THEN elaborate on what Northwestern offers in terms of your goals.
OP LiangWu 4 / 11  
thanks~musicpro, i found your suggestion to say academics in priority really help them grasp my identity. and i have submitted it with correction based on your advice. thanks and happy 2014~

Home / Undergraduate / "It immediately excites me..." Business Institutions Program - Why Northwestern?