"Immodest words admit of no defense, for want of modesty is want of sense!"; Favorite Books, Poems..

gia 7 / 42 3  
Share with us a few of your favorite books, poems, authors, films, plays, pieces of music, musicians, performers, paintings, artists, blogs, magazines, or newspapers. Feel free to touch on one, some, or all of the categories listed, or add a category of your own.

With my red face on, I walked straight to her and let out my voice "Immodest words admit of no defense, for want of modesty is want of sense!" Waves of bubble heads burst out in laughing. My classmates were not laughing at me, but at her, at her childlike and imprudent ways. Being the head of the Casting Department at the Dramatics Club of our school, my job was, obvious, of searching and appointing passionate actors. As the name goes, few people even do not refrain from casting a few accusations on me. They are as follows: 'you rejected, coz you dislike me, coz I'm a superior actor than you; coz you fear I might seize your place', and blah blah! Nevertheless, my job remains with the same dedication and honesty.

Matters between us were cordial, until her infamous outburst during one of our play rehearsals .She is one of the best actors our school has, however the situation changed when fresh actors emerged from the junior batches and when I selected one of them over her, for our Annual Dramatics Festival. Though, I made her understand that it's time to allow the juniors to showcase their talents, this didn't go down well with her and resulted in lashing of immodest words for the junior, from her side.

High responsibilities bring with them immense expectations; yes cliché, although to deal with them during each plays and skits, is not a cliché factor, since every time I meet up an innovative personality to work with and understand, off course. My job does not terminate with making rejections, but begins with making every participant realize their strengths and work further on them compared to the weaknesses. During this process, unknowingly, we together develop from our own weaknesses. This is a trick, a moral trick. You should to be thinking that I'm some sort of preacher or lecturer. Well, the thoughts are arising from an author and his life story. He taught me these tactics of making others and oneself learn easily. He told that one should be taught as if you taught them not, and things unknown proposed as things forgot. And this is what I have done since I read this book, his autobiography. I have implemented his wisdom, not only in casting process but in my real life too. Talking with regard to her, I conveyed his teachings of modesty and sensibility to her also.

This book has imparted values that no other could till now, and engraved in my heart the values of respecting universal thoughts and opinions. That is why this is my favorite book- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.
rtan05 5 / 32 3  
"...didn't go down well with her .."
"...off course."

i commend you for showing a specific example, and then using it as an introduction to your favorite book. You've also shown your maturity in this essay. Good work!
OP gia 7 / 42 3  
Is there any other issue i need to correct?

Home / Undergraduate / "Immodest words admit of no defense, for want of modesty is want of sense!"; Favorite Books, Poems..