Speech Impediment leads me to my home away from home - UCF Essay

no_wayj0se 1 / -  
Why did you apply to UCF? & If there has been some obstacle or "bump in the road," in your academic or personal life, please explain the circumstances.

The University of Central Florida has all the characteristics of a top-notch dream-school, a learning institution that I would be greatly privileged to attend. This is partially due to the fact that I am interested in studying Communication Sciences and Disorders, which luckily, UCF has one of Florida's best schools to get that specific education. The U.S News and World Report considers UCF an up and coming national university, and as my dad always said, "If you're going to use tools in order to reach success make sure they are the BEST tools you can find" and what better tool than UCF.

I personally have a strong belief in the signs one obtains in the journey called "life". For example, my little sister was diagnosed with a speech and hearing impediment at the age of 3. Having to go through countless years in and out of doctor's appointments and therapies was a sign. This was a sign that I could use my personal experiences to help others with the same needs as my sister. This is how I came to Communication Sciences and Disorders.

As a teen I have always wanted to go away for college but I never wanted to be too far from my mom and sister. This is where UCF makes the perfect fit. Just three hours away from home is just enough distance to venture out, but still close enough to regularly visit my mom and sister frequently. Not only that but UCF offers an amazing program in the major I am looking to thrive in. I have researched countless schools all over Florida and UCF always stood out.

UCF will be a home away from home where I will strive for excellence. UCF stands for limitless possibilities and I know that being a UCF Knight would be an opportunity I could not pass up.
Misstuyet94 3 / 6  
your essay has many good ideas but you have to clarify them and put them in well- organized way.
For example:
Each para has one main idea and two explain for this.
adventoor 3 / 19  
very strong essay. however, you need to make this more smooth. many "for examples", I think you should just use one example and carry that on throughout the essay.

Good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / Speech Impediment leads me to my home away from home - UCF Essay