What is important to you? Happiness

Pea 1 / -  
Prompt: What is important to you? And why? (maximum 250 words)

There is a saying that goes, "Be the person you needed when you were younger."

When I was young, I was always envious of my friends' family. They had a complete family while in my family, a father figure was missing. This would often cause me to cry and feel alone because of how much I miss my dad and all those fun times I had with him.

I needed a little bit of happiness in my life .Someone who could have made me laugh when I was sad and someone who could have been my friend when I was alone. I believe that I have become the person I needed when I was younger. Now I can be there for others making them laugh and feel welcomed whenever they are sad or neglected because I have been in their shoes and it is just a horrible feeling.

I often make funny skits and post them online on special occasions like Christmas and Easter. After people watch my video, I often get replies saying how I make them so happy. Hearing this makes my day better because knowing that I made someone else's day is just amazing

Spreading positivity and making others happy is something that I am truly passionate about. I do not know for others but I feel invincible and can conquer the world when I am happy, nothing being able to stop me from chasing my dreams and goals.
SWMaster 4 / 9 1  
In my opinion, that is a pretty good topic and a dramatic one at the same time. You shared your feelings, which is a good thing, and turned the negative experience into something completely positive.

Although, I think the language needs to be fixed and become stronger. A mistake I spotted: "my friends' families"

I would also suggest writing a list of 2 or 3 things that are of importance to you since the prompt is general and didn't ask "what is most important to you?" So for example "Alongside basketball, physics and reading, spreading positivity and making others happy is ...." Maybe that is wrong, but I would do that since the question is general, and this shows your breadth of interest.

Anyways, that was a very touching essay, and good luck with your application!
smiley56 - / 1  
Everyone need happiness. we can't get happiness by health or wealth.we can get happiness from our heart.some people have everything still they are not happy.because they don't have satisfaction.If you are sad about wealth think those people who sleeping in footpath.that time you get to know value of your life.If you want happiness in your life find satisfaction and feed poor people. that time you feel proud and happiness by seeing them.be with the positive people.listen jokes.spend time with family .find the happiness in little things.
Robinson, you may want to rethink the first part of this essay. The relevance of your father as the reason why you consider happiness important is not clear in this essay. There seems to be a disconnection between the importance of happiness and the importance of your father. It is either a father is what is important to you or, it is happiness that is important to you. I don't really get a clear connection between the two right now. Neither do I see the relevance of the opening sentence / quote that you used. "Be the person you needed when you were younger" does not relate to the prompt question that is "What is important to you?" I don't see how this quote helps to illustrate any part of your statement, in a connected manner to the prompt. Perhaps you should say that "Since I grew up without a father, I missed out on having fun times and creating happy memories with him. That is why I consider happiness derived from time spent with my father important." Then build the rest of your response around that statement. It is more attuned to the prompt question that you need to respond to.

Home / Undergraduate / What is important to you? Happiness