'how important it is to be a part of something bigger' - Rutgers Admission

sbartok94 1 / -  
I was wondering if someone could please look at my intro and tell me what they think... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Long time peace activist, William Sloane Coffin Jr. once said, "Diversity may be the hardest thing for a society to live with, and perhaps the most dangerous thing for a society to be without." Rutgers University is one of the most diverse universities in the country and therefore I believe that Rutgers is a lot like the United States of America in and of itself itself; a salad bowl or mosaic of different people from different backgrounds with different life experiences. Not only does diversity play a role in molding the students who attend Rutgers and are fortunate enough to be a part of such a community, but it makes students like myself realize how important it is to be a part of something bigger than just a university, but rather, a lifestyle that will open one's eyes as to the beauty of diversity.
MissS1987 3 / 8  
i can not say quoting someone's word at the very beginning of the essay is not good, but could it be better if you change this?

Home / Undergraduate / 'how important it is to be a part of something bigger' - Rutgers Admission