"Incipit Vita Nova" - WHY SCRIPPS?

pong 1 / 4  
Why are you applying to Scripps College, and how do you think you might contribute to the Scripps community? 1500 characters

"Incipit Vita Nova" calls me to Scripps College. A new beginning in a stimulating academic community bonded by strong social connections among students and professors. What else could I really ask for?

Though some of my fellow students might disagree with me, I find Scripps' all-female environment the most desirable for me. I absolutely love the idea of being surrounded by like-minded female role models. As the oldest of four girls, I have always been interested in various women's issues and I can't wait to learn more about them at Scripps. Furthermore, having experienced the benefit of small AP classes at my public school, I can't wait to participate in small class discussions that reveal what each individual truly understands. This experience has also allowed me to develop close relationships with my teachers who could truly guide me to find the best choice for me, and I can't wait to make more life-long connections with my professors and friends.

But I also have a lot to bring to the table by choosing Scripps. Just as I have done so all throughout high school, I want to continue organizing successful events such as rallies, proms and functions that increase school spirit at Scripps. With my proven record of leadership skills and community service background, I am excited to add to the school's diversity and help maintain the close-knit community. I cannot think of a better place to begin the new chapter in my life than at Scripps College.
Ravenclaw_roar 4 / 38  
Hey I think that it is actually pretty good. You made the essay sound quite personal. I can't seem to find any grammatical errors so gd job! The only thing I can suggest is maybe mention a specific program or club you want to join to make it slightly more specific. Other than that, great job! Thanks for reading my essay!

Home / Undergraduate / "Incipit Vita Nova" - WHY SCRIPPS?