My independence and ability to materialize goals - Tell us about who you are

pantheraleo 1 / -  

How would your family, friends, and/or members of your community describe you?

People around me have always complimented my independence and ability to materialize my goals through endless perseverance. My capabilities became evident during the summer of 10th grade. I entered the summer with two goals in mind, get a job and strengthen my math skills. Fortunately, I landed my first job as a bike instructor after obtaining the required certifications and training. But the camp was half an hour away from my house, and I had no ride or money for buses. However, I remained determined to get this job. So, I borrowed my friend's bike and got up at 6 am every day to reach work on time. A week before my job started, I cycled out in traffic for the first time and practiced my turn signals until it came naturally to me. It was a physically and mentally enduring summer of experiences because of how persistent, patient, creative and active I had to be while teaching the kids. However, the joy on their faces as they first cycled without training wheels made me feel proud and accomplished. Besides being booked with a job, I had also taken a math course because I was determined to improve my performance and learn all the materials that my school did not teach. Though juggling work and school felt stressful during the season of relaxation, I'm thankful I persevered. After that summer, I felt as though I could achieve any goal I set my sights on.
You are focused only on your proudest achievement. You have not focused on the way that various people, based on the prompt requirement, would describe you. It is not advisable to use a one description fits all for this statement because the reviewer is trying to get an idea of who you are to various people. Every person will have a different point of view regarding who you are, in relation to them. So present your many faceted faces, based upon how these people deal with you and then, look for an achievement that will collectively show the reviewer how you merge all those personalities into one person.

Home / Undergraduate / My independence and ability to materialize goals - Tell us about who you are