Initial Florida State Essay - content only

mroth2 1 / 1  
Vires, Artes, Mores or strength, skills, character are clearly a part of Florida state yet moreover, a part of what and who I am today and who I believe I will become.

I am faced every day and almost every waking hour with choices. Difficult choices. Turn right or turn left - I am the owner of my path and direction. I have been raised with strong and decent values yet my moral fiber is tested each day by what i see, what i hear and who I surround myself with. I have found the strength to make a stand for what I believe and move towards where I want to be in the world. Does this mean I shout my beliefs from the rooftops? No it does not. When faced with the choices that most of todays youth are faced with -- I decide what is right for me -- what is right based on what I've been taught and what is right as I am a leader in my home, community and my school.

My fellow 3,000 classmates are diverse in every way - academically, culturally and socially. I had to determine early on in my high school career how it was that I should stand apart from all these classmates and yet still stand with them. I decided I would make high school accomplishments both academically and athletically. Being chosen to the elite position of leadership class validates that my decisions, on a daily basis, have proven to be valued by those in authority and those who determine who will lead this body of students.

Working on my physicality has been an ongoing process. As a 5th grader looking to one of the finest girls lacrosse programs in the state and in the country I was determined to be a member of that group. It has been eight years and many practices but I stand as a member of this revered group and look towards another season to show my physical strength, mental strength
Delete it all! You start out saying nothing much, and continue in like vein throughout. Pick some specific narrative incident that *shows* that you possess one or more of the three things you need to write about, and craft a new essay centered around that.
SeeHerFly 1 / 11  
waaaay too vague. what are these difficult choice you have faced? what specific incidents have tested your moral fiber? how did you stand up for your beliefs? your essay reads more like a checklist of guidelines the school would have provided with the prompt.

Home / Undergraduate / Initial Florida State Essay - content only