'intellectual freedom' - ''interdepartmental concentration' Brown + academic interest

AMehj 3 / 10  
NEED TO SUBMIT IN 24 HRS. HELP!

Why does Brown appeal to you as a college option? Who or what has influenced your
decision to apply? [1000 characters]

From an early age, I have harbored an inexplicable fascination towards Brownïwhether it was my starry-eyed lust for a prestigious "unreachable" Ivy League institution, or Brown's distinctive undergraduate academic program and world-class faculty. As I come from a small school, I prefer small classes and a modest-sized student body population, which will ensure better classroom relationships and a close-knit campus community. Brown's commitment to diversity will expose me to new ideas, and create the ideal environment for me, in which I can share my culture openly. By exploring the open curriculum I can develop my inherent strengths and discover new passions. I crave the intellectual freedom to assume responsibility for the direction of my educationïto not go where the path may lead, but to create my own path and leave a trail. If I am found to be the missing piece of the class of 2014, this opportunity will not only allow me to achieve academic excellence and a collaborative style of learning, but I will also attain my childhood fantasy of reaching the "unreachable" Brown.

Why are you drawn to the academic fields you indicated in Question #6?[1000 charactrs][physics and economics]
My curiosity about how the world goes around and how we make the world go around led to an interest in physics and economics. I want to further my study of the laws that mysteriously govern the natural universe and speculations by which we govern the material world. Because I enjoy math and logic problems, I have always been comfortable with these two challenging academic areas. Physics and economics are ubiquitous and can explain and be applied to every day-to-day occurrences. Both subjects essentially deal with abstract theories, assumptions and models. However, they are very practical and leave room for exciting research and analysis. It amazes me how physics explains that all cosmic bodies exist relative to one another due to the simple gravitational force between them; and economics explains that the basic act of buying and selling is really complicated by income, opportunity costs, inflation and taxes. An interdepartmental concentration in these two academic fields would give me a clear perspective and complete knowledge of the natural and the man-influenced worldïI would get the best of both worlds.

Please help me cut down some characters. ANY suggestion/criticism/grammar correction will be MUCH appreciated. THANKS
lotusco3 - / 3  
It is hard to cut down the number of characters. In the second short answer, I think the first sentence is weak and kind of pointless. You can say:

"My curiosity of the world led me to an interest in physics and economics."
OP AMehj 3 / 10  
Thanks. I didn't like that sentence either.
Anyone else has any suggestions??need to hand this over in a few hours!!
maXimumeXposure 3 / 8  
physics is a big place, maybe you should mention some of the branches that fascinate you most. It sounds kinda random otherwise.

physics enthusiasts always have a "thing"....quantum mechanics, string theory...astrophysics and what not.

Home / Undergraduate / 'intellectual freedom' - ''interdepartmental concentration' Brown + academic interest