Intellectual individuality/open curriculum ; Brown /Architect of your education

waterlilly995 2 / 6 2  
Hi! Can you help me take out some characters. I don't know what to change.

A distinctive feature of the Brown Curriculum is the opportunity to be the architect of your education. Why does this academic environment appeal to you? (700 characters)

I seek an environment where it is possible and encouraged to express intellectual individuality, where opportunities to combine subjects I love are limitless. That place is Brown.

Brown would give me the freedom to choose what I want to study. To pursue my concentration with the option Environmental Issues and Pollution Prevention. Or pursue a degree in Environmental Science as well as Chemical Engineering. I will not be restrained. By maximizing my education, I can add an environmental twist to my chemical engineering studies.

With Brown's open curriculum, I could also explore other interests: International Relations, German, Ethnic, Portuguese or Africana Studies, and broaden my knowledge of the world.

(712 Characters)

Thank you for your time
katev 18 / 120 24  
You list a lot of majors and concentrations here, it doesn't really speak to you. If you want to say what you could study, only spend a sentence or two on that. You can simply say "from majoring in _____ and _____ to exploring my interests in ___, ____, and ____, Brown's open curriculum allows me the freedom to combine my interests"
OP waterlilly995 2 / 6 2  
What about:

I seek an environment where it is encouraged to express intellectual individuality, where opportunities to combine subjects I love are limitless. That place is Brown.

Brown would allow me take charge of my education and study independently. To pursue my concentration with the option of Environmental Issues and Pollution Prevention. To pursue a degree in Environmental Science as well as Chemical Engineering. I will not be restrained. By maximizing my education, I can add an environmental twist to my chemical engineering studies.

With Brown's open curriculum, I have the freedom to further explore my interests by participating in research with the CES, the WIIS or the ECI.

Reading your response I wonder if I I grasped the concept of being an Architect of your education well. Can you give me an idea of what it means?

Home / Undergraduate / Intellectual individuality/open curriculum ; Brown /Architect of your education