Intellectually Exiting experience? (started a fundraiser at my school)

lynne1312 1 / 1  
Hello!

I have to write an essay for the following prompt.

Describe an experience that you have had or a concept you have learned about that intellectually excites you. When answering this question, you may want to consider some of the following questions: Why does this topic excite you? How does it impact the way you or others experience the world? What questions do you continue to ponder about it? (500 eords or less)

I have started a fundraiser at my school ( middle and high) to raise money for a children's home in Thailand. I got the idea after my guidace counselor explained the financial difficulties the organization was experiencing. I am really excited about it.

Is this a good topic to go off on or is it off subject?

I also want to be an engineer and I attended a 4 week engineering program this summer at a colege where I designed an innovative corner shelf.

So I could use that, but I find the fundraiser very stimulating.

Please state any advice you have including ( but not restricted to) points I should highlight.

Thanks for your time!
kellykat99 1 / 2  
How does your idea intellectually excite you? It doesn't make much sense to me. The idea could work for a prompt that asks you to evaluate a significant experience and its impact on you.

They summer program sounds like a good idea if it's developed well.
OP lynne1312 1 / 1  
Well... I guess what I meant was the experience of hearing the conditions the children in Thailand live in, ( many are rejected, orphaned, homeless and murdered over superstitious beliefs)

inspired me to spearhead a fundraiser.

I am "intellectually excited" about raising money for the organization.
Do you sorta get what I am trying to say now?

If not, then forget it. I'll just stick with the engineering theme.
no problem
Well, the good thing to do is make your essay a unique combination. You are a unique combination, with experience and interests that include an engineering program and charitable fund raising. That is good stuff. Just take the essence of each and look into how they mesh together. You are motivated toward the science of eng. and the art of generosity. Maybe you will get involved with "design activism."

See if you can dig deep and pull out a theme that is as unique as you are. Combine them.

Home / Undergraduate / Intellectually Exiting experience? (started a fundraiser at my school)