What is my intended major? Why would i choose this major?

hhb450 1 / -  
Please help me out on this essay and kindly identify my mistakes.

"Would you please change the topic". This kind of response some people give back when they are asked these questions; What is your intended major? Why would you choose this major?But,as a matter of fact, these are the questions, which a student has to answer if he/she is intended to go to the college. There are different kind of majors in which people are interested.

However, My intended major is Computer Science. The reason why I chose computer science is that computers are the future and I enjoy working with computer and creating basic programs. I chose computer science as a major because computers will lead the way of future. Computers have become widespread and interface with almost every aspect of life. The field of computer science has a long and bright way to go.

However, on a whim, when I took my first basic computer programming intro class , I found it very interesting. Since then, I became very curious and excited about learning the basic computer programming. Now I want to choose computer science as a major to learn more and more about it and continue my career in this field. Although, the field of computer science is in my utmost interests , it can offer me a lucrative and beneficial career as well. Computer Science specialists can earn high salaries. That is also one of the reasons of choosing this field.

Besides, I can also apply for internship during my years in college. The experiences that I hope to gain in Computer Science will help me equip for a job with the real world. It will also provide an opportunity to utilize the skills that I have learnt in college.

However, my interest in this field developed when I listened to the interview of some of the CS graduates and there experience and feelings towards this field. After listening to that, I came to know that computer science is something really immersing and fascinating. It's not just the boring typing on keyboard; it is way more than that. It's a combination of technology, science and social aspects which really make it great. It's a new way of problem solving. It has a lot to do with ideas and creativity. The reason I love the field of computer science is that it is a very vast field. In this field, we can increase our knowledge, every moment. It provides us, a great platform to share our insights. As a matter of fact, computer science is not just about computers. It's even beyond the computers. It's about coming across new problems and sharing your ideas in solving those problems. I also want to experience those problems and then share my intellectual thoughts to solve them.

In short, Computer Science is a mystery for me, in which I want to go deeper and deeper in order to discover it.
Hi,
First I have an admin request from you - You have opened this thread in the "Forum faq Help" forum which is not the appropriate one for this thread. It is a forum rule to select the most appropriate forum when you open a new thread. This is quite obviously a part of your Common App process and therefore this should have been opened in Undergraduate Forum (or Graduate Forum if you preparing for Masters or Phd) We moved it from the Forum faq to Undergraduate and please give some care to follow these rules in future.

Well, this is well drafted, but , for me, I find they do not give a clue about you. My view is that you should not waste words on discussing too general things or things that you have no part to take in. These questions are aimed at you and they, the admission folks, try to learn about your goals, aspirations, commitment, capabilities, character etc. So, I like if you take off that whole thing out from this response.

Home / Undergraduate / What is my intended major? Why would i choose this major?