'Interest in engineering; I built my first computer' - Lehigh University supplements

con0r 2 / 1  
Hi everyone! My name is Conor, it is great to meet you all. Anyways, I am finishing up my supplements for Lehigh University and I was wondering if you had any suggestions? The prompt is:

"What unique aspect of Lehigh most interests you? (As a guideline, your response should be between 150-250 words.)"

As a top ranked research university, Lehigh has many unique appeals to me. Growing up as a child, I was always fascinated by engineering, and during my freshman summer I built my first computer. This has given me an intrinsic desire to study engineering, preferably a course of study that helps people. This is compounded by the fact I was nominated and joined the Youth Leadership program, a program that focuses on making business contacts, developing leadership skills, and gaining an understanding to the inner workings of businesses. With these competing preferences, it has been recently that I have found a school where I can learn skills in both fields, that school being Lehigh. Being someone who wants to have a job shortly out of college as well, Lehigh's cooperative education program allows me to learn the skills I want, gain real work experience, and make some money on the side. It is Lehigh's unique emphasis on both engineering and business that I find most attractive; and it is Lehigh's Business minor program that provides the biggest draw. With Lehigh's Business minor program I will be able to focus on my development as an engineer while simultaneously acquiring business skills I need to be successful in the real world. Through this program I intend to gain business skills while focusing on engineering, gain internships them enlist on internships, and get a good job out of college.
Hi Conor,

I think you have done a great job. It flows well and clearly explains what you think most interesting with Lehigh. So I feel the very last sentence is not really complementory for your answer 'cause it slightly deviates from the prompt. The prompt focuses on why you like Lehigh. I feel if you stop at the one before the last, it would be a better ending.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Interest in engineering; I built my first computer' - Lehigh University supplements