Interest in Engineering question for Waterloo

ipuga 1 / 1  
Briefly explain why you are interested in engineering and particularly in the program to which you have applied. Comment, for example, on your interests and abilities; your career goals; exposure to engineering through school-related and other experiences; and discussions you have had with engineers, teachers, current or past Waterloo students. (900 character limit)

cryptography and computer science

Since my initial interest in computer programming, I have always had a focus on interdisciplinary learning. Recently, through the combination of cryptography and computer science, I conceptualized a messaging app over the summer that utilizes homomorphic encryption based neural networks to allow users to sell their data while preserving privacy. At Waterloo, I could further my knowledge by participating in the Undergraduate Research Assistantship program, where I could do research on Security and Privacy in Machine Learning, while also learning the details of software design in SE 464. With Waterloo engineering's unique cohort system allowing me to form close connections with like-minded people, I could form a team for this project, and eventually accomplish my dream of launching a startup through the Concept program.
You wrote a non-related response. Your current response is more applicable to the "Why have you chosen your course and Waterloo" prompt than the existing one. For this essay, the prompt is asking you to justify your preliminary training and exposure the field of computer programming. That means, you have to refer to any self-taught engineering theories and computer programming codes. List the types of exposure you have had either through competitions, collaboration with others during training programs and seminars you have attended or competitions you have joined, and the influence of Waterloo mentors and students (if any). You have no reference to any of these sections. You have failed to provide the information required by the reviewer for your qualification assessment based on the required data. Your application could, at this point, be removed from consideration since you do not have credentials to prove a true interest and basic foundation in your engineering and computer science interests, as required. This is all about preparation for higher studies, of which you seem to have had very little of during your high school years.
OP ipuga 1 / 1  
Would this be a reasonable essay for the first prompt?

Home / Undergraduate / Interest in Engineering question for Waterloo