My interest in engineering started at an early age; Texas A&M Engineering Admission Essay

tadio 1 / -  
Prompt: Describe your academic and career goals in the broad field of engineering. What and/or who has influenced you either inside/outside the classroom that contributed to these goals?

My Academic Goals

My interest in engineering started at an early age, thanks to my father who held worked in the computer science field for several years. He was the person who first taught me how to use a computer and we regularly built them from scratch together.

The technology we have now is extraordinarily more advanced than what we had only thirty years ago, humans are now able to solve problems that have been plaguing humanity for decades, instead of watching from the sidelines I want to stand at the head of that movement.

My Dad taught me that every problem has a solution, and one of the biggest problems in the world is education inequality, with computer science I would create apps to help bring knowledge to parts of the world's that have high levels of poverty, because I believe that education is the greatest equalizer.
Ridho Kodel 3 / 7 2  
P1
... who held worked
... and we regularly build them it

P2
... we had only in the past thirty years ago. Humans ... problems that have been plaguing humanity ...

I hope you find my feedback convenient. Therefore, if there are things you do not feel suit you, then do it your own way. ;) I love sharing
tobiadio, this response is highly curt and barely responds to the prompt questions. You must work on lengthening your responses because your explanations need to tie in the reasons you gave with supporting evidence. If your interest started at an early age, then explain when you first came into contact with your father's work. Explain how he encouraged you to try simple engineering feats that further fueled your passion for this course of study. I do not really read so much of an explanation as to how he influenced you in order to contribute to your goals so you really need to work on developing that father-son bond over Engineering that you imply exists in your first paragraph. There is also no reference to your academic and career goals within the essay. So hope that what you have written is only a draft and not a final copy. If you were truly interested in Engineering as a major and career for yourself, then this should have been the longest part of your response. Instead, I get crickets. Silence, in reference to your academic and career goals. You presented an implied interest in the field but no true academic course of interest nor career projection for after you graduate. You will need to think long and hard about that part of the essay response. That is even more important in presentation than how your father influenced you to become an engineer.

Home / Undergraduate / My interest in engineering started at an early age; Texas A&M Engineering Admission Essay