International Baccalaureate courses Classes -- Why Macalester essay

danber 1 / -  
Sure, International Baccalaureate courses may be challenging but it's real benefit is its international intellectuality students gather throughout their high school years. As an IB student myself, the courses have properly prepared me to attend Macalester due to the immense diversity within my classes from the multi-ethnic student body. Macalester's curriculum revolves not just around national standards, but global intellectuality- something I've gathered since the beginning of my IB path.

When I had to choose my junior year classes, I thought about where I wanted to go. I know I wanted to go to a college with a diverse student body. I wanted to go to a institution where student's aren't just going in to learn, but to broaden their perspectives, to question their governments, and to question the world. Junior year, I began taking my IB history class which introduced me to the importance of sources. Gradually, I understood that events cannot be taken by what one person says, but the opinion of many including global sources. From there, I started analyzing material that had different opinions and based my perspective on the collectivization on what I'd gather and contemplate about.

As an international student myself, Macalester's emphasis on international intellectuality has caught my interest. The IB classes I've taken have prepared me to the challenges I'd face at Macalester that would further develop how I think and the steps I take to get there. At Macalester, I'd contribute my unique perspectives to the diverse student body who'd challenge my views. I'd contribute perspectives no one at Macalester has ever though of before.
kerry2654 13 / 37 12  
Sure, International Baccalaureate courses may be challenging, but it' s real benefit is its international intellectuality students gather throughout their high school years. - This is worded kind of confusing. How about saying something like IB courses may be challenging but it results in.. (something about academics) (then introduce what it does for diversity)

When I chose my junior year classes, I thought about where I wanted to go. I know I wanted to go to a college with a diverse student body. I wanted to go to a institution where student' s aren't just going in to learn, but to broaden their perspectives, to question their governments, and to question the world.

I like the main points that you have but I think with a Why X essay you should write about more than one point about the school. One good tip I've learned is to write down what you want in a school and what that school has to offer that you like. Diversity is fine though. You could maybe just expand on what Macalester offers for you to contribute to the diversity, such as something for international students.

Sorry if my response seems messy and confusing.

Home / Undergraduate / International Baccalaureate courses Classes -- Why Macalester essay