My international experience began at a young age; BA-International Business

ROC1991 1 / -  
Q1. Explain your international background. Refer to education, international exchange, extracurricular activities and projects.
Q2. Why did you choose IB?
Q3. How does IB fit into your career?
Q4. What will you contribute to the classroom of IB?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to inform you that I am hereby applying for your Bachelors degree program "International Business" starting in September 2013. My career aspiration is to become the sales executive of an international corporation.

My international experience began at a young age. Growing up as a child, I had the privilege of going on annual vacations with my family, where I explored more than fifteen different countries over an eighteen year period. As a child's mind is always developing, I feel that I've learned something different about each individual experience. I have found that the cultural aspects of a nation undoubtedly affect the economy and way of life.

Soon after graduating from secondary school, at age nineteen, I emigrated to Vancouver, Canada where I gained many valuable and essential life experiences. Similar to the city of XXX, Vancouver has an enormous international population with different cultures and ethnicities widely evident everywhere throughout the city. There I was employed as a bartender in a Michelin star restaurant called XXX, where the everyday clientele included A-list celebrities. As a result, I developed my organisational, communicational and present-ability skills to the highest standard.

Commitment, dedication and passion are some virtues I posses and have demonstrated through playing competitive sport. I have been playing rugby and golf consistently throughout my life and have achieved a high standard in both sports. Thus, I feel confident and comfortable and can excel in an academic or physical team environment. I am positive that these skills will assist me greatly throughout this program.

Initially I discovered this program on the internet. It really stood out to me because I could link my skills and abilities into this course and it wasn't long before I decided to apply. International Business at your university will provide me with the theoretical and practical knowledge needed to succeed in the business world. I have noticed that more and more trade is being done on a global scale, and therefore international relations are extremely important.

I am convinced that a place on your program will provide me with a stepping-stone to the career of my dreams along with invaluable experiences that will allow me to become a successful, innovative professional and assist me in accomplishing my goals. I expect that my general interest in economics and business will keep me focused throughout the entire programme and I would welcome the opportunity to be accepted in such a prestigious educational institution.

I strongly believe that my international experiences will add to the character of the classroom and the thought of exchanging knowledge with other students from different cultural backgrounds is exciting and compelling in my opinion. I also believe my experience in sales, customer relations, administration, interpersonal relationships and customer service will assist me in regular team projects and assignments. I am convinced that I offer leadership, a strong international background and a desire to achieve.

In conclusion, I hope that my letter has convinced you that I am a great fit for this program. I really appreciate your consideration of my application. Thank you and I anxiously await your reply.

Sincerely,
temptprovidence 8 / 163 35  

you didnt discuss this...

but before including this to your letter, you need to know that the length is already too long for further addition.. cut down all that that is not the part of the questions. then add this... although that cannot be referred to as unnecessary details, but still need omissions

hope it was helpful.. best of luck...=)
ayesha atif 1 / 4  
Hello
i think you have presented your answer to the mentioned answers in well organized and thoughtful manner. You have presented your career aspirations and their understanding in quite elaborate way so i think you will definitely achieve the target of gaining a BA DEGREE.

regards
klaas 1 / 5 1  
I emigrated to Vancouver, Canada where I gained many valuable and essential life experiences.[/quote]

Delete the 'many valuable'. just let it be essential life experiences.

I agree with temptprovidence.
You could discuss a little more about your contribution to the environment of the school.
Otherwise i feel it's pretty good.

All the best

Home / Undergraduate / My international experience began at a young age; BA-International Business