International student to apply Tesol - Statement of Purpose

MinJung 1 / -  
Statement of Purpose

Whenever I watched Hollywood movies, I focus all of my senses to my ears to understand what actor or actress says. I am female who very interest in learning English is. I had been admitted to Seokyeng University which is located at Seoul Korea year. My major was English major I was very interested in learning English. My school had given us opportunities to teach English to high school student among us who had got good grade above 3.5 GPA. And I was one of who had taught English. It was also great opportunity to realize that it is very important duty to teach English to Korean student as I was English major in university. During period of attending university as English education major, I could obtain steady desired in learning English and educate student in Korea. The result was comes out with attainting scholarship six times in roll from university.

I also had taught English disable female student voluntarily since first year in university. She was one who was not having fun with learning English. Even I was not well advanced in English; I tried to influencing her positively in learning English. And outcome of my teaching was also positive; she got better grade on her English class and her favorite class was also become English. I was gratified with her achievement in English class and desire of learning English that she had attained from my taught. But it was not enough for me to satisfy in teaching English, I want to influence more students positively in learning English.

And my desired had led me to go to USA for studying English 2006; I studied English about a year in state. It was great opportunity to learn about culture and language. I could also face how Korean's English education was poor compare to USA and other countries. It led me to have steady desire to learn English and education system. After I had finished my study in USA, I came back to Korea with confidence in speaking English. And I tried harder in developing myself in English.

2008 was significant year for me personally because it is a year that I taught English in high school in Korea as a practice teacher. With knowledge that I had attained from USA and my university, I had taught numerous high school students. And I tried my knowledge applicable as possible as I could. And I also met many creative and brilliant teachers who had been teaching English many years, they gave me wonderful idea in teaching student. During period of my teaching I tried focus on making student happy with English and give them desire to learn English. I also researched how student acquire language skill and use it practically. Result was amazing because ordinary student in Korea had learn wrong information in pronounce acing English and they can not give it away wrong hobbit in pronounce acing even though I tried to them fix it numerous times. And result of attaining wrong information led Korean student to speak English with incommunicable. And I had concluded my research as most important source in learning English is place where he or she educates first ever.

I had begun to think if I could bring correct information of English to students in Korea; it would be wonderful and getting closer to achieve my purpose of studying English. To obtain my dream and desire to deliver brilliant of English education system of USA to student in Korea, I decide to take a course "TESOL" in USA. If it is possible to take a TESOL course in USA, I would not envious anybody.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
I'm not really sure about the content of your essay. Have you been to college already and majored in English education, or is that what you wish to do in the future? What does the scholarship have to do with the rest of your essay?

My main concern here is grammar and mechanics. It is difficult to decipher your meaning because of the grammatical issues. To help with this, I suggest one of the books from the "Prentice Hall Guide for College Writers" series written by Stephen Reid. You can pick any of them up cheap used, or get them from the library. I think there are six in the series now, and any of them would help you here. Or, there are many free online grammar guides that can assist you; type in "help with English grammar" in your internet search engine and you will get tons of information.

I hope this helps!

Home / Undergraduate / International student to apply Tesol - Statement of Purpose