International Student Essay for SUNY (motivation essay)

greep 1 / 1  
I was wondering if you could help me on my motivation essay. Please check for any errors of any sort and also you may give advice as to ways in which i can improve the essay. Please and Thank You in advance.

Here it is:

San-Francisco in 60s, Los Angeles in 70s, Miami in 80s and London in 90s were very special times and places to be a part of. Those were the times when and where the modern culture arose. I deeply believe that now this place is New York. And most of all I want to ride the crest of this high and beautiful wave, which moves the society and culture straight to the future. Nowadays New York is a global center for the television, advertising, music, newspaper and book publishing industries and is also the largest media market in North America. Seven of the world's top eight global advertising agency networks have their headquarters in New York. So I could say best advertising and design are being made there!

During my life I have visited a few countries mostly in Europe and I have always been surprised of visual communication level there as opposed to Russia, where media level has only started to grow up. In each country I noticed some features which made impact to my creativity and because I have never been in the United States it's a great chance to get to know this huge and unknown part of the world, to take the best from it, to feel the spirit which inspired such people as Milton Glaser and David Ogilvy. Education in State University of New York is a great opportunity not only for language practice, which is so hard to find in Moscow, but also a great chance to meet new people with different cultures. "Beastie Boys" have a song about New York and they sing: "Asian, Middle-Eastern and Latin, Black, White, New York you make it happen" It is really so and I think it's great. You can't be truly professional in advertising if you don't have the knowledge of different culture features of different types of people from different backgrounds.

My aim is not only to be engaged in creativity but mostly to find the practical application to my knowledge. I study advertising and have a great interest in design. I believe that combination of this science and art can make impossible things to happen and help to reach a huge progress both in business and culture, improve human nature and make life easier. It is important not only to have knowledge and skills but mostly to be an interesting person and out of the ordinary. I am doing all my best and trying very hard to be such a person and am sure that my studies in the United States would help me broaden the horizons, reach my goals and bring greater success in the future.

The main reason I enjoy design and advertising is that I possess skills in recognizing visual patterns and I believe that I have a natural talent for conceiving great projects and adjusting an existing project to meet required needs and standards. I am a creative and sociable person, I highly enjoy working in teams and I believe that my abilities are best put into use within a team. My teamwork and individual experience include various events and competitions in art, photography and advertising. For example, I was a team leader in Commercial Ad Competition in University and we won it; also participated in a few photography competitions and was a winner of one; organized some flash mob events and my work as graphic designer was highly appreciated and valued. I'm involved in different projects for both Russian and foreign companies to make myself independent in finance and have a possibility for self-expression and growth. It made me a flexible person, who knows how to listen to the opinions of others and how to express myself.

There is only one thing that is worrying me: that time is running out and I can miss something important in my life. I strongly believe that New York, being a Father of modern advertising and art with an atmosphere of creativity and best visual art in the world, can give me an opportunity to get the maximum from life and bring valuable experience and inspiration to develop my skills into something bigger and greater!
During my life I have visited (Name some countries) , and I have always been surprised at the difference between their levels of visual communication and those of Russia, where the media level has only started to develop . In each country I noticed some features which made impacted my creativity; because I have never been in the United States it's a great chance to get to know this huge and unknown part of the world, to take the best from it, and to feel the spirit which inspired such people as Milton Glaser and David Ogilvy.

This essay is terrific! The enthusiasm will win the reader's heart. You did a great job.

...with an atmosphere of creativity and the best visual art in the world...
OP greep 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

Home / Undergraduate / International Student Essay for SUNY (motivation essay)