Internship at G.Architect; Common APP Extracurricular activity

ayu0006 8 / 17 2  
I place my cold palm on the surface of the steel door and the other hand on the sliver knob. I turn the door knob and step inside. A man of a skinny frame approaches me, "So you are our intern eh? Nice to meet you, I am Ben, founder of G. Architect" He holds out his hand. I nervously look at the floor and maneuver my palm to collide with his. I lightly grasp his palm and shake his hand tentatively. The next 4 months then become excruciating. Every day upon entering into the building I ask myself "When will it be over?" It is the same banal office work. Organize the blue prints, compile a vast collection of the past projects and create a system for easier navigation through the book of architectural regulation and the occasional mini-lecture on the use of Autocad.

On the last day, five minutes prior to my departure, Ben straightens my slumped back. He tells me, "Firm grasp when shaking a person's hand. Speak your mind freely; do not be afraid to voice your opinion out. Take initiatives. These skills are truly what you should pay consideration to..good luck kid."
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
You have 1000 characters to tell colleges what this extra-curricular activity is, what you did, and what skills/values you've taken from it... I get that you're trying to format the information creatively, but I feel like none of the red words do any of those three things and the green words cast you in a negative light. Why is that EC so important to you if you hated it?
kellyjanemartin 3 / 18 2  
I think I like what you're getting at, but you didn't actually elaborate on your extracurricular besides telling us it was banal office work. And then something about handshakes and speaking our mind, but it came pretty suddenly. If you wrote about how your work was rewarding (was it?) or something you learned from it (did you?), that could make a pretty good short answer.

On the other hand, I think you would benefit from writing about an extracurricular that you did like.

Home / Undergraduate / Internship at G.Architect; Common APP Extracurricular activity