Internship as a customer service representative; Leadership experience

fsolano94 16 / 30  
Essay 5
Discuss a leadership experience you have had in any area of your life: school, work, athletics, family, church, community, etc. How and why did you become a leader in this area? How did this experience influence your goals?

During the summer of my junior year in high school I obtained an internship as a customer service representative at Smart City Networks. It was during this period that I learned how to be a leader and demonstrated my leadership abilities by setting a positive example for other employees to follow. I also learned that being a leader requires more than just being an example and helping others. Sometimes being a leader requires sacrifice and demands that you are on your top game at all times. As a customer service representative at Smart City Networks, I was able to be a leader by striving to be my best in all of my efforts and tasks. Whether it was walking on the show floor and greeting customers or busily scanning orders on the computer, I gave my one hundred percent in everything I did. My diligence and persistent effort to always achieve better reports from customers and improve my company's reputation was soon recognized by other employees and gained me the recognition as a leader.

My goal after graduating from high school is to attend a four year university and pursue a degree in aerospace engineering. I obtained a paid internship at Smart City Networks over the summer of my junior year to save money for my college tuition and gain work experience. Too my surprise I am pretty good at promoting sales and social networking but my academic interests and areas I excel in are science and mathematics. As a leader and employee that was always dedicated to his responsibilities, I was able to teach my fellow employees how to use formulas on Microsoft word and also had the opportunity to lead the front desk (customer service) crew in our first show of the summer.

I became a leader in customer service and social networking by maintaining a positive attitude under pressure, executing my daily tasks, and helping customers. Some of the employees called me "the miracle worker" because I would manage to complete all of my daily tasks in a few hours and had ample time to assist customers on the show floor as well as assist the crew in operations which involved tethering telephone and internet lines. Even when our company's phones were ringing off the wall and customers were forming lines as long as a football field, I still maintained my composure, enthusiasm and always ensured that a customer received his or her correct order. My vision to always improve my company's status and strive for better customer reports is ultimately what made me standout as a leader in customer service and social networking.

My leadership experience at Smart City Networks has taught me to never become content with what I have accomplished or achieved but rather to always push myself to attain better results and improve my areas of weakness. The quote by Samuel Johnson "To strive with difficulties and conquer them is the highest human felicity" has also encouraged me to conquer all challenges I may face and be a leader in all of my doings. My experience as a leader at Smart City Networks has influenced to excel in my academic studies, and furthermore, aim for the sky because the only limitations that I have our ones I set for myself.
Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Is there any word limit for this essay? For which exam it is for?

Home / Undergraduate / Internship as a customer service representative; Leadership experience