My interview at Connecticut College; Why Connecticut College?

iacero 3 / 17 2  
You're looking for the right fit, and so are we. What, in particular, influences your desire to attend Connecticut College? (250 words max)

My interview at Connecticut College is what has most influenced my desire to attend. My interviewer was Eileen Stall'14 who took a French Film course, is president of a gaming club, and likes to play computer games. I was pleased to see that she had been able to indulge in all her interests, many of which coincided with mine.

Although I haven't taken a course about French Films, my class last year72 would watch a short film every unit and discuss how different they were from American short films. I would like to further explore those differences and learn more about the techniques and history behind the films in Connecticut's French Cinema course.

From there she told about SATA: Study Away, Teach Away. I was interested in the concept of studying away with the faculty and other classmates (instead of on your own, as most study abroad programs are) to learn about a country politically, socially, and economically while

We also talked about the many clubs available to participate in. Our conversation centered on the Gaming club and the variety of activities available on campus. Afterwards on the website, I found other clubs that I would be interested in such as the EMS club.

I can see myself at Connecticut College. From taking a class on French Film to actively participating in the clubs offered at Connecticut College. Eileen made me feel that Connecticut College was a great place to explore old interests and gain new ones along the way.
Kristoria 3 / 51 1  
I liked the various reasons you put forward for your desire to attend that school. It shows why you have a particular interest in that school as you point out some of its unique features. However, I feel at times you were repeating the same ideas in different sentences like the 2nd to last sentence. Maybe you could replace that sentence with something else you liked about the school.
OP iacero 3 / 17 2  
Thanks for the suggestion!I'll see what else I can add.
loumap 2 / 5 1  
Hello
I think that your aswer is clear and honest and that is a good point. Referring precisely to these activites does show your interest.
However, I think that you overused the world 'interested' ( or interesting ), which doesn't really gives a lot of information or shows a strong determination. I think you could just need this little 'punch' to make it stronger. Maybe add a 'definitely' or 'really' somewhere, for instance "I can definitely see myself at Connecticut College.

Home / Undergraduate / My interview at Connecticut College; Why Connecticut College?