"I am an introvert." - Stanford essay : Letter to roommate

acelight 2 / -  
here's my draft of the stanford supplement essay. Please edit and any advice would be great. Be tough!

Question : Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. What would you want your freshman year roommate to know about you? Tell us something about you that will help your roommate-and us-know you better.

Answer :
I think that the first thing you should know about me is that I am an introvert. I enjoy spending time with myself and I am usually the guy standing on the side talking to his mate at a party than the guy busting his flashy moves on the dance floor. Because of this, I tend to be somewhat quiet, but I think this translates into me being a good listener. I prefer spending time with a small group of friends that I'm really close with rather than a mob of people I've met once, so while it may take some time for me to open up to you, I'm sure after some time we'll be best mates. Music and sports are big parts of my life. After a stressful day, nothing calms my nerves like getting completely immersed in my guitar and playing some tunes. Music allows me to express myself in ways that everyone can relate to and understand, and the freedom it grants me is incomparable to anything else. I also have a huge passion for tennis, and I know the game inside out. I enjoy the feeling of two people battling out on a court, in the same conditions, with the same weapons, and the only difference between the two is skill and determination, with finally one person getting the ball past the other. I'm generally laid back and would be a very easy person to live with. I'm sure there would be times when we'll just be relaxing and watching "Friends" after a tiring day of classes. I come from a multicultural country, and have been greatly exposed to the Malay, Chinese, Indian and Western cultures. Therefore, I'm accustomed to having friends from different ethnic backgrounds. As a result, I am sure that we will be able to learn and share from our cultures and differences, and I hope that in time, we will be not just roommates, but close friends.

Home / Undergraduate / "I am an introvert." - Stanford essay : Letter to roommate