'the invention studio' - Georgia Tech Supplement: Why am I interested

smm816 1 / -  
The max is 150 words and I tried to make it as concise as possible, but I'm not sure if it's good enough!

Prompt:
Beyond rankings, location, and athletics, why are you interested in attending Georgia Tech?

My response:
The environment of Georgia Tech is remarkably accommodating; it will allow me to challenge myself and further my capabilities without having limitations placed on me as a freshman, as many other schools tend to do.s

What immediately captivated me was the idea of the invention studio; students have the ability to make their ideas and creativity a reality, with the help and training of other, more experienced students. The high encouragement of self-initiated learning among the students as well as the emphasis on such a high degree of collaboration are so prominent and such valuable assets for the students.

I could also continue pursuing many previous interests with the diverse array of organizations: various culture groups, community service through the MOVE program, participation in Model United Nations, etc. These will allow me to remain involved and make a contribution to the school that will make so many contributions to me.
acrogirl5 1 / 7 1  
Everything is good except the first sentence. Accommodating and challenging are kind of contradictory, I would just leave it at "it will allow me to further my capabilities without placing limitations on me"
Wow! You actually managed to respond quite clearly, concisely, and accurately to the prompt in a mere 150 words. I think you should try to explain why you believe that Georgia Tech is remarkably accommodating in your opinion though. These types of essay responses always require specific examples as to what interests you and how you plan to cultivate that interest. You can regain word count to do what I am advising by rewording the introduction. Skip the part that says

The environment of

and simply say "Georgia Tech is remarkably accommodating." Try not to use word fillers or flowery words in a word count limited essay. Use every word to further enhance your essay thoughts or message instead.

Home / Undergraduate / 'the invention studio' - Georgia Tech Supplement: Why am I interested