"To invite the NYU college administrator to my room" - NYU Common App

lshdsmc 1 / -  
Hello guys! it's my first thread.... :) This is NYU common application essays and I would appreciate you guys so much if you give me any advices on my poor essays... anyways, Merry Christmas!!

For those who write comments, I thank you greatly in advance ! :)

NYU Common Application Supplement Essay
Please tell us what led you to select both your anticipated academic area(s) of study and the NYU school/college/program or the Abu Dhabi campus. What interests you most about your intended discipline? Mention any extracurricular or non-school-related activities or experiences that demonstrate your interest. (Max. 500 characters)

I've never seen a black man other than in movies till I was 12, at the Seoul subway during the 2002 Korean World Cup. With curiosity and desire to impress my parents with rudimentary English I learned from school, I initiated body language. It was pleasant conversation, though with my language barrier I could only understand that he was South African, crazy soccer fan like me, and he likes Mandela, whom I thought was some kind of African fruit at that time. Few days later, on TV I accidently saw Mandela's speech, and found out he was not a fruit. Through research, I began to know him, South Africa, and apartheid... it was about this time my dream of becoming a diplomat burgeoned out. I participated Model United nation, and passed resolution regarding to legal issue as main submitter, also I created Chinese Club in American school and served as interpreter during Beijing Olympics. NYU, the school of diversity, which located in most cosmopolitan city in the world, is the perfect place to not just learn but experience the world. Therefore this shackles me like Spiderman's web and wouldn't let me look other colleges.

NYU is "In and of the City" and "In and of the World." What does the concept of a global network university mean to you? How do you think studying in New York City, Abu Dhabi, or one of NYU's global sites would change you as a person and equip you to build cross-cultural relationships at NYU and beyond? (Max. 500 characters)

Every day, Wall Street determines lives of businessman, and New York fashions changes the trend of clothes. I have experienced diverse people and culture, through my time spending in Korea, China, and U.S., but they were all somewhat one-sided. While those places were only lettuce or carrots or cheese, NYU will give me a salad combination, where I will not just taste the New York only but the whole World! Taking advantage of studying abroad program and joining global conferences, I will have deep knowledge of countries and enrich my career at the United Nation by not just studying in NYU, but also by living in.

If you had the opportunity to bring any person-past or present, fictional or nonfictional-to a place that is special to you (your hometown or country, a favorite location, etc.), who would you bring and why? Tell us what you would share with that person. (Max. 500 characters)

I would like to invite the NYU college administrator to my room where I struggled days try to answer this particular question. I've thought of naming from Socrates to Jesus Christ, all those whom might impress him, but concluded it is vain to make up stuff that I never considered before. As we share a cup of Korean green tea with him, I would first like to appreciate his choice of essay prompts which made me retrospect my life, and then start sharing my short but complex life that I could not fully write in limited pieces of papers. I want to show him who I am rather what I am capable of. I want to tell him kinds of books I like, my unique sleeping habits, and my dream about becoming a diplomat, and lastly, why I would like to attend this school. When I am done speaking, I want to ask him how did he get this job, and what are some funny anecdotes about essays he had to scrutinize through.
yaoiver 3 / 8  
he likes Mandela, whom I thought was some kind of African fruit at that time.
If the admission officer is also a fan of mandela, this will cause you some harm.

I want to ask him how did he get this job, and what are some funny anecdotes about essays he had to scrutinize through.

This sentence is not very suitable.
you are assuming that the administrator is a male. You need to think about this point again.
I've n I had never seen a black man other than in movies till until I was 12, at the Seoul subway during the 2002 Korean World Cup. ---this is an excellent first sentence for the essay! Very precise and intriguing.

...whom I thought was some kind of African fruit at that time. ---awesome!! I am impressed with your great way of thinking... very clever.

A fe w days later, on TV I accidentally saw

I've thought of naming everyone from Socrates to Jesus Christ, all those...

...made me retrospect reflect on my life, and then start ...

I want to tell him kinds of books I like, my unique sleeping habits, and my dream about becoming a diplomat, and lastly why I would like to attend this school.

When I am done speaking, I want to ask him how did he get he got this job, and what are some funny anecdotes about essays he had to scrutinize. through . I like your way of thinking, and I think it is going to make you very successful!

Home / Undergraduate / "To invite the NYU college administrator to my room" - NYU Common App